IT Specialist -Investigative Data Analytics Specialist
This position is in the Division of Enforcement, Associate Group 2, in the Office of Investigative & Market Analytics (IMA), located in Washington, DC.
The Division of Enforcement investigates possible violations of securities laws, recommends Commission action when appropriate, either in a federal court or before an administrative law judge, and negotiates settlements.
As an Investigative Data Analytics Specialist in the Enforcement Division, you will:
- Serve as a leading authority in the Division on securities trading data, SEC filings data, bank and brokerage account data, IP data, social media data, and other internal and external investigative data sources, and on data analytics tools and methods for investigative purposes.
- Source, integrate, and analyze multiple data sources into user-friendly, custom-built, analytical work products, including visualizations, and present to investigative and litigation teams.
- Perform a consultative role working with investigative teams to help them determine their data and analysis needs, suggest solutions, explain results from analysis, and revise data sources and/or analysis as needed.
- Use automated data collection techniques, e.g., web-scraping, to collect data from disparate data sources and employ quantitative and qualitative analyses, e.g., text mining, statistical analyses, clustering, etc. on data types such as trading data, transactional banking data, corporate sales data, general ledger data, public company filings, press releases, news reports, emails, and other public and private data sources.
- Apply hands-on technical expertise with data and analytical tools including databases (e.g., Oracle, Netezza); query languages (e.g., SQL, PROC SQL); programming languages (e.g., Python, VBA); analytic software (e.g., SAS, R); and visualization and presentation tools (e.g., Palantir).
- Collaborate with SEC legal staff, U.S. Attorneys' Offices, and other federal, state, or local agencies on matters of investigative data analytics.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Use the following link for qualifications requirements or to apply: https://go.usa.gov/xMUWQ