Director - Treasury & Investments
Director, Treasury & Investments
Job Profile Summary
Provides daily functional oversight over the $6.5 billion SSM Health Centralized Investment Program.
- Asset Allocation: Involved in the development of asset allocation studies, stress tests and portfolio rebalancing. Responsible for recommending and implementing various strategic and tactical allocations to the Chief Investment Officer as well as to the SSMH Core Team. Updates Investment Policy & Guidelines at the direction of the Core Team.
- Portfolio Construction and Rebalancing: Develops or revises the parameters and principles for investing in various portfolio strategies. Oversees the quarterly physical rebalancing of securities across Program clients.
- Due Diligence: Works with outside consultants to perform due diligence on both current and prospective managers across traditional and alternative asset classes. Assists in the implementation of the management process for manager selection and retention. Leads efforts to evaluate the performance of the overall portfolio, monitor the asset class portfolios and investments, and recommend additional allocations to or withdrawals from existing managers and/or the redemption of existing managers. Reviews the risks being taken within the portfolio and its contribution to total portfolio risk. Monitors and evaluate performance against return objectives.
- Conduct Ad Hoc Studies and Projects: Prepares position papers and studies for the Committee on various public asset classes, investment strategies, investment managers and the long-term performance of the portfolio. Creates monthly portfolio narratives issued to SSMH System Management and to the Committee.
- Staff Management, Development, Retention: Inspires a team-oriented, cooperative spirit, providing mentorship and development opportunities to team members including involving staff members in high-level discussions, research and analysis.
- Custody Reporting & Transactions: Oversees monthly custody reporting for Program assets, ensuring timely funding of capital calls and re-investment of distributions. Oversees preparation and distribution of support for annual financial audit.
- Core Team and Investment Committee meetings: Works with the investment consultants to develop the agendas, meeting materials and investment monitoring reports.
- Risk Management: Develops and monitors a System-wide investment portfolio and operating enterprise risk management program, including complex Stochastic Modeling and Monte Carlo simulation to assess key market and business risks impacting the System.
- Internal Cash Management: Develops and maintains the SSMH internal cash management program; serves as Portfolio Manager for the SSMH Portfolio Management Company enhanced cash program and oversees the active trading of short-term fixed income securities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Master’s degree (preferred)
Ten years' experience, with five years in leadership
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification preferred
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Owner CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors