Director of Private Markets
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF PRIVATE MARKETS
DEPARTMENT: INVESTMENT DEPARTMENT
REPORTS TO: CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER
LOCATION: DALLAS, TEXAS
Position will be primarily responsible for managing all aspects of HighGround’s private investment portfolio but will also provide oversight of HighGround’s entire portfolio consisting of $2.3 billion in assets under management.
WHO YOU ARE
As the Director of Private Markets, you are an integral part of the investment team and have a passion for identifying investment themes and emerging trends. You are a cultivator of manager relationships and enjoy building long-term partnerships. Promoting a culture of collaboration, you are a natural leader, willing to delegate, lead others and work cross-functionally to add value across the organization. You are a self-directed, highly organized individual with the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
YOU ARE EXCELLENT AT:
- Monitoring HighGround’s existing private investments across all sub-categories but with a focus on private equity
- Maintaining a strong network of fund managers and peers for deal flow
- Actively sourcing new managers and maintaining a robust pipeline of new attractive opportunities
- Leading all aspects of investment due diligence with an eye to improve existing processes
- Continuously evaluate commitment pacing and overall unfunded commitment levels to maintain private investment exposures at target levels
- Developing and researching investment themes
- Managing HighGround’s co-investment program and actively sourcing and evaluating new co-investment opportunities with existing managers
Competencies and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; an MBA/CFA or other advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with a strong preference for private investment knowledge gained from work in a similar capacity at either a family office, large institutional investor (such as a pension fund or endowment) or fund-of-fund
- Well-established network of peers and general partner relationships
- Passion for investing
- Ability to maintain a high degree of ethical standards and complete confidentiality
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
HighGround has a professional, open office environment
DIRECTOR OF PRIVATE MARKETS WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-functional copiers and filing cabinets
- Usually sits to complete job functions, but may walk or stand for brief periods of time (access to sit-to-stand desks for optimal flexibility is provided)
- Must be able to lift up to 5 pounds
- Is required to have close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Is required to have the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary
- Is required to meet with clients and investment partners offsite as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other duties as requested by management, from time to time in its sole discretion. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
WHO WE ARE
Our vision is to Protect, Strengthen and Grow our nonprofit clients and charitably minded families. We believe there is no pursuit more important than this; because we believe the work we do, now and in the future, will not only shape our lives but will empower the many organizations that truly transform lives. This vision forms an authentic pathway to our mission—to be an innovative and vigilant caretaker of the funds and assets entrusted to us by the nonprofits and generous individuals we serve through effective asset management, gift planning strategies and account support services. It is the outcome we work towards together—to have a greater impact on the world and individual lives. We hope you will decide to join us on this incredible journey.
HighGround is committed to our brand promise and our core values. As such, we expect that you will strive to keep our clients at the center of everything you do, be honest, always remain professional, exhibit humility and think outside of the box as our founders did, who were pioneering and visionary when our journey began in 1930.
HighGround offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a medical, dental, disability insurance, retirement plan and more, but don’t take our word for it, have a look at what other HighGrounders are saying and learn more about our benefits here https://www.highgroundadvisors.org/careers.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the HighGround team, please email your resume and cover letter to HR@highgroundadvisors.org.