Fixed Income Trader - Asset Management
5 days left
Fixed Income Trader
- Develop a new trading desk in New York as part of a global team of traders.
- Execute trades in various segments of the international money / capital markets including rates, futures, corporate and mortgage bonds .
- Support fixed income team by communicating real time market insights on liquidity, flow, ETF, and CDS activity to enhance relative value analyses.
- Participate in portfolio team meetings and discussions to align investment objectives and provide transparency into execution strategies.
- Create an overview of orders and trading activities including analyses to implement them in the most efficient and cost-effective way by using financial models, tools, and algorithms to support an informed and thoughtful trading process.
- Participate in various projects / activities that support and enhance the trading function, for e.g. onboarding a new OMS/EMS system for all capital market products.
- Maintain relationships with all external counterparties and internal stakeholders.
- Enhance execution strategies through research in a variety of fields, ranging from derivative pricing to market micro structure analysis and systematic strategies including evaluation of new electronic platforms.
- Contribute to innovative products, research, systems, and processes in the trading/investment field through relevant knowledge of global internal and external developments in the field of trading and financial markets.
- Monitor, report, and participate in Best Execution and Fair Allocation meetings
- Work closely with other traders on the global team and with professionals throughout the rest of the firm i.e., portfolio managers, risk and compliance managers, fiduciary managers.
- 4 - 8 years of experience trading sovereign, corporate, mortgage bonds and their derivatives
- 4 - 8 years of experience trading across asset markets supported by the Treasury and Trading department: FX, Money Markets, Interest Rate Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Commodities
- Knowledge of financial markets/products and insight in financial modeling theory and data science methods and techniques
- Excellent analytical/quantitative and coding skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Bloomberg, R, Python, and some experience with data visualization (ideally Qlik) preferred (not required).
- BA/BS Required
- Pursuit of an MBA or CFA a plus (not required)