Investment Banking Analyst (Toronto/Vancouver)
Agentis was formed in 2009 to provide clients with rigorous independent advice grounded in unbiased financial analysis. Agentis Capital Advisors is a leading boutique financial advisor with a specific focus on global infrastructure. Agentis acts as a sell-side, buy-side, project finance, and capital-raise advisor on a wide variety of global transactions including renewable power, energy, digital, transportation and public-private partnerships. Our clients include leading infrastructure funds, pension funds, contractors and government.
Agentis Capital Advisors is the financial advisory arm of Agentis Capital Partners. Agentis Capital Partners operates through four main business segments: Agentis Capital Partners (principal investments), Agentis Capital Advisors (financial advisory and asset management services), Agentis Capital Mining Partners (mining advisory), and Agentis Capital Markets (capital markets).
The Analyst Program
Our full-time analyst program is designed to cultivate the quantitative and qualitative skills necessary to excel in an investment banking career and as a future executive. You will receive both formal and on-the-job training throughout your tenure. You will gain increasing levels of responsibility as you progress in your career, from building financial models, to managing multiple deal workstreams, to leading client relationships. You will be given unparalleled exposure and opportunities, including the chance to work on numerous transactions at the start of your career, with the only constraint on your role being your own capacity, rather than your rank level. As a result, our team members achieve accelerated career growth. You will be recognized and rewarded for your individual performance within a close-knit team and meritocratic culture. The only constraint on your role, responsibilities, and compensation will be your own performance.
As an integral member of the advisory team, you will be challenged to accept increasing levels of responsibility as you develop your skills and reputation. Your work will directly impact our clients and the firm.
Your role will include:
- Participating in the execution of equity and debt offerings, mergers and acquisitions, public-private partnerships, and principal investments
- Developing complex financial models for infrastructure transactions, including the use of macros and VBA programming
- Assisting in the management of due diligence processes, including managing third-party advisors
- Developing asset valuations using a variety of approaches
- Preparing client presentations and actively participating in discussions
- Evaluating investment opportunities and management of existing investments
- Researching potential investment banking opportunities; providing research on target companies, sectors, industries, and geographies
- Maintaining marketing materials for the firm, including creating pitch decks to be presented to potential clients
As a member of a high-performing team working in a fast-paced environment, there will be times where you will be required to work beyond a normal workday or workweek to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
- Breadth of experience and level of responsibility.
- Exceptional level of responsibility on complex transactions
- Wide breadth of work across verticals, financial products and principal opportunities
- Secondment opportunities within Agentis portfolio companies
- Continuous internal training program
- Internal leadership development program
- Culture and approach.
- Entrepreneurial culture with a flat organization structure
- Defined path to achieving Partner, with all individuals entering the organization receiving the opportunity to become a full Partner in the business
- Compensation and employee ownership.
- Above-market base salary versus Canadian competitors
- Uncapped performance-based bonus
- Employee ownership program that commences for all individuals from the end of their first full fiscal year of employment
- Other benefits.
- Immediate access to principal investment opportunities alongside Partners
- Paid sabbatical every two years of employment
- Ability to work temporarily out of our Vancouver or Toronto office
Your Skills and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, commerce, business, statistics, computer science or other related fields
- Already graduated, or expected graduation by summer 2022
- Exceptional academic results (minimum cGPA of 80% or 3.7/4.0)
- Ability to concisely communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Desire to assume increasing levels of responsibility and seek solutions to complex problems
- Committed to producing accurate and thorough work product under tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced work environment
- Resilient mindset in the face of adversity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Permanent Full-Time
- Desired start date: Immediate or June 2022
- Location: Vancouver or Toronto