Portfolio Management Associate
Flourish Wealth Management is a growing, independent, fee-only, boutique wealth management firm located in Edina, Minnesota. We provide comprehensive wealth management services integrating life planning with financial planning, including investments with an emphasis on impact and sustainable investing. As fiduciaries, our team is committed to putting our clients’ best interests first which guides our decision-making and culture while building long-term, caring and trusted relationships. Flourish is committed to continued learning, personal development, and team building supported by outside resources hired to help us learn about our individual strengths, communication skills, and develop opportunities to maximize our team-oriented culture. We learn from each other as a team in our bi-weekly lunch-and-learns focused on topics of interest plus Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) themes.
Are you naturally curious, comfortable working in a team-based environment, and committed to exceeding client expectations? Would you be excited to join an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new solutions and new technology?
We are looking for a Portfolio Management Associate (PMA) who embraces our values and is committed to helping our clients achieve their financial goals by implementing and executing effective investment solutions.
The Portfolio Management Associate will work closely with the Director of Investments to facilitate the firm’s operations and investment processes by leveraging technology, working closely with team members and custodians, while identifying opportunities for greater efficiency.
This position is an excellent growth opportunity for an individual with some background in investment operations at a wealth management firm who is looking to increase their knowledge of, and exposure to, the investment function within a dynamic wealth management firm.
The investment philosophy at Flourish embraces historical evidence with an emphasis on building client portfolios that provide broad diversification with low expenses, incorporate tax implications, incorporate effective cash flow plans, while providing opportunities to implement Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategies.
Find out more about the company at flourishwealthmanagement.com
- Manage daily processes across Orion, including updating and maintaining client records, investment data, and model portfolios
- Monitor and evaluate portfolio allocations relative to targets stated in the Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for each client, and lead efforts to implement Orion Eclipse software to support efficient portfolio rebalancing
- Develop and implement investment solutions with our Director of Investments through coordination of asset allocation, cash needs, charitable giving, and impact goals for ESG investments
- Support process to monitor cash accounts relative to spending needs and monitor client portfolios with significant exposure to individual stocks
- Execute all client transactions and maintain trading records with an emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Analyze new clients’ existing holdings and incorporate our portfolio recommendations
- Contribute to the portfolio construction process for existing clients.
- Support ongoing efforts to provide education about ESG Investments and identify strategies to use in client portfolios, including thorough due diligence process for selecting and monitoring ESG investments
- Participate in investment committee meetings
- Prepare for investment portfolio reviews for weekly meetings as well as any monthly or quarterly reports for clients as needed
- Coordinate the setup and ongoing maintenance of client accounts within Orion and ByAllAccounts to incorporate data from various custodians and retirement plan platforms
- Calculate quarterly fees for client accounts
- Utilize Salesforce to track all daily tasks, client contact and activity information in our CRM
- Work with compliance team on trading records, procedures, and reports
- Create processes for regular duties
- Technology Utilization – working in and maintaining firm-wide software (Orion, Salesforce, Client Portal, Excel)
- Reporting – assist with portfolio reporting as needed, maintain client portals, run cash deposit, distribution, and rebalance reports
- Interact with the wealth management team and serve as a resource on portfolio and investment tasks, and contribute to our goal of providing the highest level of service to our clients
- Commit to a culture that supports continuing education and team development at all levels
- Support a commitment to improving the firm, client, and team experience through strategic planning experience
- Ability to jump in and support others on the team as the success of the entire firm relies on each person working together for shared goals
- A Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field
- One year of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong MS Office skills required (Intermediate Excel user preferred)
- Experience with our custodian and software is not required, but will be a plus: Schwab, Salesforce, Orion, Sharefile
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with high critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Cooperative team player: willing to put team ahead of self
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrating professionalism and ability to connect on a personal level
- Curiosity, empathy and high emotional intelligence with clients, firm, team members and broader community
- Self-starter with a commitment to ongoing learning
- Solicits and provides feedback with growth personality
Salary and Benefits
- Base salary $60-65K plus Incentive compensation plan with a firm and individual component to payout
- 401(k) plan with employer contribution
- Medical plan and Health Savings Account contribution
- Employer paid long-term disability coverage
- Unlimited PTO plus bonus holiday week
- 10 paid company holidays
- Firmwide communications training and career development
- Bi-weekly education meetings focused on learning and Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives
- Personalized development plans in coordination with outside resources
- Paid professional dues, continuing education, conferences, and training
- Hybrid working environment
- Paid time off for volunteer opportunities
- Time to Appreciate and Celebrate!
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 15-30 minute phone interview conducted by our consultant (who is the hiring manager for this position), then an in-person interview. If there is mutual ground on which to move forward, candidates will be asked to take a Caliper and Kolbe assessment, and then a second in-person interview with the Flourish team. Successful candidates must pass a background and credit check.
We are a woman-owned business and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our hiring process, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Compliance/Regulatory Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Trading Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors