Investment Analyst, Alternatives
We are seeking an Investment Analyst, Alternatives at our downtown Cleveland, Ohio wealth management firm. The candidate will research and analyze market data, assist in manager due diligence, and provide investment recommendations based on such research and analysis.
- Provide research coverage for all products within the alternative asset classes including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, private credit, real estate, infrastructure. Research coverage may include, but is not limited to:
- Conduct quarterly performance and attribution assessments of strategies within alternative asset class
- Conduct quarterly calls with external senior portfolio managers within alternative strategies to discuss performance attribution
- Write periodic reports (quarterly, annually) for all covered strategies within alternative class
- Form an opinion and make recommendation on assigned strategies
- Act as liaison between fund managers and Clearstead as needed
- Create and update marketing materials for the alternative team
- Participate on client calls when necessary, as a subject matter expert for a fund/strategy/product
- Conduct economic and market research and analysis as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of related experience within an investment firm; alternative experience a plus
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred; CFA designation preferred
- Strong analytical skills, great attention to detail, ability to think strategically, interest in conducting research
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment, where time management, attention to detail, follow-through and meeting deadlines are critical
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong computer proficiency
- Experience in writing and editing business communication as well as creating and working with spreadsheets, charts, graphs, presentations
- Strong commitment to company values
- Team player, able to interact with staff at all levels of the organization
Clearstead is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The qualified candidate can expect:
- A flat, bureaucracy-free organizational structure that fosters creative thinking and involvement at all levels of the organization
- The opportunity to join a growing employee-owned firm that offers professional growth in an industry that is both dynamic and intellectually challenging
- An opportunity to work with high-profile private clients and institutions across the country
- A competitive base salary with an incentive bonus program
- 401(k) Savings plan with company contributions
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-term disability insurances
- Generous paid time off program
We are Clearstead…an independent institutional and wealth advisory firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
We advise nearly 120 institutions and 500 private clients on more than $20 billion of assets. Our institutional clients include retirement funds, endowments and foundations, and healthcare organizations. Our private clients are families, individuals, and related entities.
Our firm was established in 1989 and is owned 100% by its professionals and Board of Directors. Our only source of revenue is fees paid by our clients for financial advice. We are not affiliated with any firm, nor do we receive revenue from any source that impairs our ability to provide objective advice.
Our independence assures our clients of top quality, objective service, in our investment, tax, estate, and financial advice. Our independence also helps us attract and retain top people.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors