Acquisitions and Asset Management Analyst
Mesirow is currently looking for a full-time Acquisitions and Asset Management Analyst within our Institutional Real Estate Direct Investments Team. Our Team has a proven track record successfully managing real estate portfolios through a variety of real estate cycles. Following our investment strategy, we seek to generate attractive returns on a risk-adjusted basis by targeting opportunities in all phases of the real estate life cycle. Our objective is to provide investors with meaningful value appreciation through the proven application of our investment strategies. We aim to accomplish this goal by creating unique portfolios of real estate assets that are diversified by asset type based on geography and investment type (core, core-plus, value-added and joint venture development).
This opportunity requires a motivated self-starter with the ability to produce high-quality work product and team support with an emphasis on long term growth within the organization.
- Provide day to day analytical support to the Acquisitions and Asset Management teams
- Support the Acquisition team in evaluating and underwriting multifamily investments
- Analyze demographic, economic and market data on an ongoing basis for target markets
- Support all property acquisitions by participating in the due diligence process
- Assist with the preparation of investment committee memos for proposed acquisitions
- Assist the Asset Management team with the preparation of property level business plans including annual property budgets and capital expenditure plans
- Assist with the implementation of value-add strategies across the portfolio through 3rd party management firms
- Closely monitor property operations, leasing strategies and the competitive set to ensure proper market positioning and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting from a top undergraduate program.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with an institutional real estate investment company.
- Prior experience with multifamily assets, particularly value-add assets (preferred).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently while being team-oriented.
- Exceptional professional communication skills and inter-personal skills.
- Possess a high level of motivation, initiative, and leadership potential.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Travel required