Vice President, Strategic Marketing – Global Investment Management
Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned financial services firm founded in 1937. Headquartered in Chicago with offices around the world, we serve clients through a personal, custom approach to reaching financial goals and acting as a force for social good. With capabilities spanning Global Investment Management, Capital Markets & Investment Banking, and Advisory Services, we invest in what matters: our clients, our communities and our culture. Mesirow was also recently named one of the Top Places to Work in Chicago by the Chicago Tribune and one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s Chicago Business.
The position will report to the firm’s Chief Marketing Officer and will strategically partner with Global Investment Management business line and distribution leadership, key stakeholders and Marketing colleagues to develop and implement marketing strategies and initiatives that successfully position the firm’s brand and investment management capabilities and support the acquisition, development and retention of high-value client relationships.
The role resides within our Integrated Marketing and Communications team, who oversees the Mesirow brand, creating a unified, seamless experience for all key stakeholders, from clients and prospects to the media and the people of Mesirow. The team integrates marketing activity across mixes of tactics, channels and media environments, ensuring consistent, client-centric messaging and shaping go-to-market strategy for our core businesses in Global Investment Management, Capital Markets & Investment Banking, and Advisory Services.
- Business line marketing strategy and execution: Partner with business leaders and CMO to develop and implement go-to-market plans for Global Investment Management that support revenue generation, communicate vision and plans for growth and promote a unified brand. Focus on client experience with a “digital first” perspective, incorporating data-driven insights, marketing technology and tools inclusive of:
- Email campaigns
- Social media
- Conference and events
- Direct mail
- Thought Leadership: In collaboration with business line SMEs and Marketing Investment Communications Manager, develop thought leadership on strategic, secular themes that align with divisional capabilities, provide enhanced value to clients and can be disseminated across media channels (print, web, email, social media). Identify relevance of GIM thought leadership to the broader Mesirow audience across teams including Wealth Management and Investment Banking and coordinate with Marketing leaders to leverage strategically as relevant.
- Pipeline Development and Management Support | New Business Generation Support: Maintain an in-depth understanding of enterprise marketing technology platforms including Pardot, Salesforce, RFPIO and PitchReady and the value of efficient, automated workflow and centralized client and prospect databases. Help integrate database administration with Marketing strategies by serving as a liaison between the GIM businesses, Marketing and IT. Collaborate with business leaders to proactively identify targeted opportunities for prospect and client relationship development.
- RFPs / DDQs / Client Questionnaires: Partner with subject matter experts across Global Investment Management business lines and with Marketing Operations RFPIO “quarterback” to ensure world-class business development responses. Participate as senior resource as needed.
- Quarter end: Serve as a senior partner to Marketing Operations, ensuring timely, accurate delivery of quarter end updates (i.e., fact sheets, commentary, consultant database updating) and support ongoing automation efforts and implementations.
- Innovation and Best Practice Sharing: Collaborate with Capital Markets, Investment Banking and Wealth Management Marketing Managers to share synergistic content, best practices and marketing and communications initiatives as appropriate in order to promote a unified brand.
- Four-year degree, preferable focus in marketing/communications
- 5-7+ years’ experience in B:B marketing strategy and execution
- High degree of financial / investment management acumen; familiarity with general portfolio management practices, philosophies and processes
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), Client Relationship Management Systems (Salesforce preferred), Marketing Automation (Pardot preferred), Social Media Listening & Archiving (i.e. Hearsay, Hootsuite) and Google analytics
- Management experience preferred
- Client-focused, solutions-oriented, team-oriented, driven, self-motivated
- Effectively communicate, internally and externally. Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to work within the construct of a well-defined master brand / understand brand value
- Strong sense of accountability
- Quality in everything/strong attention to detail
- Dependable, positive attitude, innovative, collegial and collaborative
- Position located in downtown Chicago
- Series 7 / 24 beneficial