This position is responsible for assisting the Director, Product Management - Derivative Overlay and Liquid Alternatives in business leadership and strategy within the Liquid Alternatives space including driving new product opportunities, competitive positioning, guidance on fees, and customizations offered. In addition, this role will provide assistance/back up in support of our Overlay investment solutions.
- Subject matter expert across all Liquid Alternatives solutions, including the Volatility Risk Premium suite of products.
- Matters that the individual will be directly responsible for include:
- Creation and management of a business plan to identify and prioritize product needs by channel and push for strategic ways we can advance our story, channel position, etc. to grow business
- Own the tasks associated with those priorities and report progress against those at least quarterly to senior management
- Delivery of product information to channels (monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Central point for questions about business structure, operational issues, ad hoc requests, etc.
- Final review of monthly and quarterly marketing materials for assigned products
- Manage longer term projects and one-off requests tied to specific assigned responsibilities
- Responsible for defining competitive market requirements and opportunities and providing ongoing support to ensure the competitiveness of the aforementioned products
- Coordinates marketing, sales, relationship management, product specialists, operations, and technology staff to effectively support and promote products
- Participate in Investment Committee meetings related to the products: represent directions of business, marketing and sales to the portfolio strategist, portfolio management and implementation teams
- Interface with Trading and Portfolio Management to address questions regarding account set up, trading issues, rule clarification, etc.
- Participate in annual planning process for AUM/revenue projections tied to products/solutions and outline needs to support
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree and/or CFA designation desirable
- 3+ years of directly related experience in the area of investment strategy product management. 5+ years of work experience in investment industry.
- Thorough understanding of the investment management industry, institutional and retail distribution of separate accounts, private funds and mutual funds
- Committed to ongoing study of investment products and communications program development and management
- Motivated leader with a strong work ethic and a reputation for personal integrity
- Self-starter with bias toward action
- Exhibit executive presence and have strong public speaking skills
- Work effectively within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills and seasoned judgment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven ability to motivate and manage professionals to achieve outstanding results
- Strong interpersonal, management, writing, and editing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy