We are looking for an Investment Strategist focused on Parametric’s Custom Core strategy to support our growing strategy team.
The mission of the Investment Strategist is to support the continued investment success of Parametric’s Custom Core strategy by assisting with the evolution and oversight of the strategy, contributing thought leadership content, serving as a custom portfolio expert for external audiences, and helping financial advisors and their clients get the most out of Custom Core.
Parametric provides systematic solutions fueled by science and prides ourselves on building genuine, long-term partnerships with our clients. The Investment Strategy team’s mandate is to create and deliver powerful stories for external and internal clients and turn investment research into real-world portfolios for investors. We meet with clients and prospects, present at events, and write papers. We also work on complex custom analysis and mandate design, strategy evolution, and new product development. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing team while making a personal impact on a firm with a unique culture that values hard work but also encourages genuine teambuilding.
- Serve as an external-facing subject matter expert in Custom Core by working with research and portfolio management to support direct sales and client service activities.
- Develop strategy marketing, including writing papers and blogs, and contributing to marketing material under the direction of more senior members of the team.
- Support large-case custom analysis and complex mandate design for clients by conducting related research and analysis.
- Oversee strategies by preparing commentary, participating in investment committee meetings, and raising issues for deeper research.
- Collaborate with strategy, research, portfolio management, and product management to help evolve strategy and contribute to related new product development, under the direction of more senior members.
- Provide market and competitor input to Product Management.
- Develop and maintain a general working knowledge of other Parametric product offerings, client requirements, and competitive landscape.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of related equity work experience, with a strong preference for experience working with tax-managed index portfolios
- Completion of, or progress towards, MBA, CFA, or Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Finance preferred
- Expertise in quantitative investing and portfolio management (risk modeling, optimization, factor investing, index construction, tax management, derivatives)
- Ability to understand financial theory and its practical implication to current or potential strategies
- Strong communication skills, including a desire to develop into a “thought leader” and present complex material, including to clients, investment advisors, consultants, or at industry conferences
- Project management ability, with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Work effectively within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Travel (may include international) required to support sales and service activities.
More searches like this
- Commodities Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors