Senior Research Analyst with possibility to become a Portfolio Manager
Who We Are
A fundamental, concentrated, long only asset management firm located in Chicago.
We are a nearly $2 billion investment management firm with multiple, concentrated investment strategies with exceptional long-term performance.
Who You Are
An entrepreneurial, talented, and passionate individual who is looking for the opportunity to join our dedicated research team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of working autonomously and possesses a genuine interest in company research and analysis, as well as a strong desire to contribute to our unique research process.
The Research Analyst will be a member of a small, highly integrated, and interactive research team focused on identifying and monitoring investments for the firm’s investment portfolios. This position reports directly to the Chief Investment Officer.
In this role you will perform in-depth company analysis that is aimed at quantitatively and qualitatively evaluating these investment opportunities; travel extensively to meet with company management teams, perform customer, supplier, and competitor due diligence, attend industry conferences and trade shows, as well as factory and R&D center tours.
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Passion for investing and a genuine interest in the financial markets; must have a proven ability to showcase this interest by providing an investment example
- Extensive experience with financial modeling, analysis, and review of financial statements; proficiency in accounting and/or finance
- Ability to communicate complex business attributes and characteristics as well as key points clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of the research team
- Ability to think independently and have a contrarian mindset
- Research experience or unique knowledge of the technology, software, and/or healthcare (non-biotech) industries; expertise as an operator within these industries
- Marketing experience and ability to speak with institutional investors
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, FactSet, and other data applications to extract research
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant research or operational experience required; if you do not meet the requisite years of experience, your resume will be eliminated upon receipt
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA and/or CFA is preferred
Please email your resume and, if possible, an example of your research and thought process with a written company recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.