Director, Investments (Portfolio Management)
Director - Investments (Portfolio Management) Concert Realty Services Ltd.
About Concert Properties
Putting people first is at the heart of the Concert story. We are deeply invested in improving the lives of the people who live and work in our communities, acknowledging that communities are more than just buildings. We focus on quality, consistency, and sustainability, and our business is driven by warm, passionate people who embody a desire to help each of us feel more connected to one another.
Since 1989, our real estate portfolio has grown to an asset value of $6 billion and includes condominiums, rentals, seniors' active aging communities, industrial and commercial properties, and public infrastructure projects across Canada.
Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for a Director, Investments to join our team. The successful candidate will lead a team of experienced professionals and focus on fund management/investor relations, property valuations, portfolio management & analytics, and reporting for Concert’s income property portfolio including CREC Commercial Fund LP. CREC Commercial Fund LP is Concert’s exclusive platform for its industrial and commercial portfolio that is supported by Canadian pension funds and institutional investors and has $2 billion in assets.
The Director, Investments will be part of the Investments department and report to the Senior Vice President, Investments. The role is based in Downtown Vancouver, BC.
- Fund Management/Investor Relations - Oversee all aspects of the management of CREC Commercial Fund LP, including capital calls, communications and reporting with existing and potential investors/advisors, updating partnership and other legal agreements, and preparing capital raising documentation and investor presentations. Assist Senior Vice President, Investments with capital raising, investor relations, and Advisory/Investment Committee matters.
- Portfolio Management & Analytics - Oversee the analysis, monitoring and reporting of the strategic and financial performance of all income producing properties, including Concert’s fund portfolio performance, in comparison to market statistics and industry performance benchmarks, leading to a comprehensive investment, asset and portfolio management strategy.
- Property Valuations - Oversee the planning, organization, and execution together with external consultants the valuation of income producing properties and the corresponding term financing loans on a quarterly basis.
- Reporting - Oversee the coordination process of quarterly working team meetings for each income property and oversee internal asset management reporting documentation. Review and provide input to quarterly and annual reporting.
- Team Management - Lead team members to carry out the above functions and liaise with the other team leads in the Investments group.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in business, real estate, finance, accounting or economics is an asset
- 8-15 years of relevant real estate experience, with a background preferably in asset or portfolio management
- CPA, CFA, or appraisal designation is an asset
- Strong understanding of real estate valuation, including DCF models and the appraisal process, and accounting methodology
- Experience in researching, analyzing, underwriting and evaluating real estate investment properties
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, the MS Office suite and Argus; Yardi software experience would be an asset
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage a team
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2021!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers.
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume to Richard Costello email@example.com or click the Apply Button to submit your resume.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Concert.