Associate Portfolio Analyst and Strategist
PI Financial Portfolio Management and Strategy
PI Financial established in 1982, is one of Canada’s largest independent investment dealers providing a full range of investment products and services for individual, corporate and institutional investors, with over 300 employees from Toronto west to its headquarters in Vancouver.
PI Financial Discretionary Portfolio Management and Strategy division is responsible for managing the in-house discretionary portfolios (SMA), providing our investment professionals and clients with a broad range of insightful and informative investment reports and supporting the supervision of our internal portfolio managers.
The portfolio management team currently manages 6 discretionary SMA portfolios using a well-defined quantitative/fundamental based investment methodology thru a range of strategies: Balanced, dividend growth, and large cap equity growth.
Opportunity – Associate Portfolio Analyst and Strategist
We are seeking a highly motivated intermediate level Associate Portfolio Analyst and Strategist to become a critical member of our portfolio management team located in our Vancouver head office.
This position offers a competitive salary plus annual bonus plus monthly revenue participation.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and analytical individual who has the desire to gain a deeper expertise of the markets, investment strategy, financial analysis, and portfolio management.
You may currently be in asset management, investment banking or equity research and looking for a new role where you can have a direct impact on investment decisions and benefit from the portfolio’s performance and asset growth.
You will be working directly with the lead portfolio manager and assist the team in their mission of producing superior portfolio returns. You will support the team in all aspects of the portfolio management process: developing strategy, asset and sector allocation, equity screening, analysis and selection, risk management and client services.
You will also assist in producing a range of written economic, quantitative, fundamental and technical investment idea and strategy reports. You will develop and maintain extensive quantitative excel databases and constantly look for ways to improve the data collection and investment management process.
Skills, Education and Qualifications
- University degree in finance, economics, quantitative finance etc.
- Solid understanding of accounting, financial statements, statistics, economics
- 3-5 years’ experience in the investment industry, IIROC PM registration an asset
- Equity research and/or portfolio management experience preferred
- Completion of a financial designation (CFA, CPA, etc.) preferred
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, macros, modeling
- Excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving skills, time management
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience with Refinitiv Eikon, Bloomberg, Dataphile
- Software programming skills (e.g. Python) an asset