Director, Institutional Sales, Southeast, MetLife Investment Management
Position: Director, Institutional Sales, Southeast, MetLife Investment Management
Job Location: Southeastern US (Florida to Texas)
Based in Whippany, New Jersey, MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world. With $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021, MIM has consistently generated strong returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise in all asset classes, with a strength in public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at www.metlife.com/investments to learn more. MIM’s Institutional Client Group (ICG) is responsible for driving the firm’s strategy and business development efforts with institutional investors, globally.
Reporting directly to the MD and Head of North America Institutional Distribution within ICG, the Director, Institutional Sales, will be responsible for expanding our client base in the Southeast territory, including prospecting and developing relationships with new clients as well as managing relationships for existing clients to maximize cross-sales, ensure retention, and provide a consistent first class client experience. He or she must be an experienced salesperson with the proven ability to develop consultative relationships with clients to best position MetLife as a value-add solutions provider. The successful candidate will also be a true team player who thrives in a collaborative global environment and is motivated to help drive strategic initiatives to build MIM’s overall business.
• Develop and grow new relationships with institutional prospects within the Southeast territory to include Public, Corporate, E&F, Taft Hartley, and Hospital & Healthcare entities
• Act as primary senior relationship manager for the Southeast Institutional marketplace, marshalling MetLife resources to deliver differentiated solutions and best-in-class client experience
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of MIM products and services across diverse asset classes
• Contribute to idea generation and development of new products to help grow the insurance business
• Execute the MIM sales process systematically, with emphasis on teamwork, transparency, and accountability, using appropriate tools, e.g. SalesForce.com and other mediums
• Coordinate cross-functionally within MetLife to facilitate a collaborative approach to winning and supporting mandates
• Seek to continuously improve ICG and the service and products we bring to the market
• Leverage and contribute to the development of our sales support and client service capabilities; coordinate with the RFP and Client Service teams to produce timely and thoughtful responses to Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, Due Diligence Questionnaires and other ad hoc questions from potential and existing clients
• Recommend innovative marketing tools and strategies to further grow the business and experience of MIM clients
Reports to: Managing Director, Head of North America Institutional Distribution , Institutional Client Group
Key Stakeholders: Portfolio managers, product specialists, Research, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Marketing; externally, institutional clients