Head Trader – Equities– Columbus, Ohio
Head Trader – Equities– Columbus, Ohio
Are you an equity trading professional who enjoys working with cutting-edge technology? How about an opportunity to work with a variety of investment strategies within a professional and collaborative team environment? Does the potential to launch new portfolio strategies interest you? If you answered yes to the previous questions, we might have the role for you!
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for leading the Internal Equity Trading team by providing oversight of all equity trading activities. You will seek out best execution for domestic and global equities and derivatives and work with Portfolio Managers to manage broker and vendor relationships in a growing and constantly changing industry. You will also work to prepare the department's budget, monitoring expenses, as well as oversee the commission management program. Your work may include providing trading services for external managers, and problem resolution. We can guarantee that no one day will ever be the same as another!
For full job details go to: https://www.opers.org/careers/position-details/2021-09-14-Head-Trader.pdf
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least eight years of trading experience including domestic and global equities, currencies, options, and futures
- At least 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Familiarity with OMS, EMS, Alternate Trading venues and platforms, market data systems such as Bloomberg, FX systems/ platforms
- Understanding of and familiarity with transaction cost analysis
- A process-driven mindset with a clear vision for efficiency and effectiveness
- An open mind towards systems, strategies, and resources
- Ability to develop solid working relationships with other OPERS departments
- The CFA is strongly preferred
- The ability to become licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO) within six month of hire and to abide by the OPERS Personal Trading Policy is required
What we offer
- A team-oriented atmosphere with an opportunity to work with all levels of the company
- Competitive salary ranging from $166,441.60 - $208,062.40 / annually with opportunity to participate in the OPERS Incentive Compensation Program
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance
- Pension with 457(b) company match opportunity
- Onsite fitness center, cafeteria and free covered parking
- A generous time off and sick leave policy as well as 11 paid holidays per year
- The opportunity to work in a hybrid remote/on-site environment once you successfully complete the evaluation period
Application deadline information
- We are accepting applications 09/14/2021 – 09/25/2021
- Apply online at https://bit.ly/3hQMU7d
Who we are
Since 1935, OPERS has provided security and peace of mind to Ohio’s retired public workers and their families by offering retirement, disability and survivor benefit programs for public employers. Our office is in downtown Columbus, minutes from the historic German Village neighborhood and the bustling Short North District. Columbus is a city that never stops innovating, thriving or shaping tomorrow and those attributes align perfectly with our core values. At OPERS, we never stop working for our members and investing in their futures.
As OPERS associates, we make a difference in our members’ lives from the moment they join the Plan, throughout their careers and well into retirement. When you join the OPERS family, you'll become part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. And you’ll become a member too - the work we do as OPERS associates directly impacts our own futures.
Build your career by joining the largest state pension fund in Ohio which proudly serves over 700,000 public employees and retirees. Benefit from a competitive Total Rewards Package that includes access to financial and personal wellness tools and resources. Be part of a dynamic, diverse community that shares a passion for serving others. Apply today!