Hedge Fund Investment Due Diligence Analyst - Multi-Strategy Fund Coverage
Albourne is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. Our firm of 450+ employees provides advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $550 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. We specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. We are committed to non-discretionary advice, fixed fee pricing and independence.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.
We are looking for a Hedge Fund Investment Due Diligence Analyst - Multi-Strategy Fund Coverage to join our team in our Norwalk, CT office. As an Analyst, you will:
- Provide support for manager selection, investment due diligence and related Hedge Fund services
- Collaborate with colleagues in the production of research reports and various deliverables
- Contribute to the development of Albourne’s Hedge Fund research.
Fund Investment Due Diligence
- Hedge Fund Research: Work in coordination with Senior Analysts to conduct and maintain investment due diligence primarily on Multi-strategy hedge funds. A successful candidate will build a comprehensive knowledge of assigned funds; including tertiary research on Convertible Bond funds and Fundamental Equity Market Neutral funds.
- Produce Reports: Produce clear & concise investment due diligence reports and recommendations to present to clients. Meetings and due diligence may involve site visits, analysis of documentation and performance reviews, together with telephonic or personal reference checks. Company “best practices” in respect to Hedge Fund investment due diligence should be followed.
- Collaboration: Coordinate with others within the firm covering related strategies (including in other silos and functions) to share information and to improve the quality of Albourne’s hedge fund research, including other reports and recommendations.
- Fund Exposure Analysis: Utilizing Open Protocol data provided by fund manager, conduct ongoing monitoring of fund exposures.
- Strategy Knowledge: Build a working knowledge of fund outside core coverage; on occasion, writing research on said funds, if considered appropriate
Strategy Analysis and Communication
- Strategy Forecasts: Aid in the production of strategy forecasting for Multi-strategy hedge funds.
- White paper, CIO Notes & ATV: Help with production and maintenance of research outlining the key attributes, trends and drivers of a given strategy.
- Research: Identification of any additional tools or analytics which will enhance the accuracy of ratings and fund selection or communicate our opinions more clearly.
- Client Calls and Requests: Join client calls to aid with clear communicate to clients by phone or email Albourne’s house opinions on the given strategy or fund as well as meet any follow-up or related client requests
- Database: To help ensure HFDB (internal database) is maintained with up-to-date information, including relevant emails and records of meetings and calls
- Timeliness: Meet deadlines imposed by management and clients. If circumstances hinder the ability to meet a deadline, analyst is responsible for effectively communicating with management and clients the reasons for delay and timing expectations.
- Marketing and Portfolio Advisory: Support business development activities, including involvement in client marketing and portfolio construction as needed.
- Other projects: Any other adhoc projects as requested by Head of Hedge Fund IDD or Daily line manager.
- Represent Albourne well: Act as an ambassador for Albourne at industry events.
- Compliance: Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on written research reports
What we’re looking for:
- University graduate or equivalent
- Some relevant prior work experience, with knowledge or experience of Hedge Funds
- Strong written communication skills
- (Optional) Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (MBA, CFA, CAIA, CPA)
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Systems literacy (MS Office, rudimentary programming skills, Bloomberg)
- Travel (occasional)
- Abide by the HF IDD Group policies and procedures as well as the Albourne Group’s policies and procedures including but not limited to IFFM, compliance, and HFDB filing.
- Comply with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals
- Complete relevant Albourne Certificates
- Attend company Offsites
- Regulatory registration (dependent on regional requirements
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Fully paid Medical and Dental PPO
- Fully paid Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k & FSA
- Everyday Wellness, onsite weekly yoga/stretch sessions*** (Virtual due to COVID)
- 30 days paid time off each year including Vacation and Holidays
- Biennial company offsite
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norwalk, CT
Work authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
Albourne America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Albourne America LLC will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.