Investment Banking Analyst
Analyst/Associate - Investment Banking
Description of Cormark
Celebrating 40 years of investment and research excellence, Cormark Securities Inc. (“Cormark”) is a leading Canadian independent investment dealer. Established in 1981 as Sprott Securities, Cormark has evolved into a full-service investment banking platform with top-ranked research and one of the top trading platforms on Bay Street. Over the past 10 years, our investment banking practice has participated in transactions raising $100+ billion for Canadian companies and has advised on mergers & acquisitions with an aggregate value of $35+ billion. Cormark is entirely employee owned and fully independent – we are the largest private investment bank in Canada.
We are currently hiring an Analyst/Associate for the Investment Banking team at Cormark in Calgary. The successful candidate will have a key role in all aspects of developing and executing transactions, including: financial and transaction analysis, relative valuation, precedent transactions analysis, due diligence, preparation of presentation materials, preparation of offering documents and more.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with a focus on finance, accounting or a technical discipline including engineering or geology with demonstrated experience in a finance-related role;
- 1-3 years of relevant investment banking, research or relevant industry experience;
- Completion of, or enrollment in the CFA program is considered an asset;
- A high proficiency in accounting and financial statement analysis;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- An excellent understanding of business, economics and finance as demonstrated through academic achievement, work experience and personal interest;
- A proven ability to learn complex concepts quickly, take on new responsibilities and demonstrate sound judgement;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, attention to detail and technical skills (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, geoSCOUT, S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an email with a cover letter, resume and academic transcript to Angela Fuhrerova at email@example.com, with “Calgary Investment Banking Opportunity” in the subject line of the email. While all qualified applications will be considered, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications received will be held in strict confidence.