Business Analyst Intern
Granite Partners is currently seeking outstanding candidates to join the Granite Business Analyst Program as interns this summer. Analyst interns in the program will get broad exposure and learn what it’s like to work for a mission-driven private investment and holding company.
Over the summer internship, you will gain experience in data analysis and data visualization, general and market research, strategy and operations, and digital transformation as you help us grow the Minnesota-based Granite Companies. At the end of the summer, if you meet performance expectations, you will receive an offer to return full-time as a Business Analyst upon graduation. Returning analysts may also continue to work at Granite Partners part-time during their final academic year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Business Analyst Intern, you will join Granite Partners for a 10-week period, during which you will receive training, professional development, and direct 1:1 mentorship from an Executive in the firm. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders in the Granite community to solve challenging problems. You will be expected to own a project from start to finish.
- Build models and dashboards like an investor – complete financial modeling training and build a model and or dashboard from start to finish (including data gathering, input, cleaning, and structuring) leveraging systems and tools like Domo
- Solve problems like a consultant – learn to structure and break down problems, manage a project plan, research and synthesize data, and translate meaningful insights into actionable recommendations
- Communicate and present a recommendation like an executive – develop and prepare a compelling presentation that you will get a chance to share directly with Granite Leaders
- Think like an owner – learn to make decisions with a long-term vision and 100-year sustainability objective
Coaching & Mentorship
- Each intern will receive weekly personalized coaching from an assigned mentor at Granite Partners who will help ensure you are acquiring skills, developing relationships, and growing as a future business leader, while getting the support and tools that you need to complete your project
- Each intern will also be paired with a “Executive Champion” who will act as a guide for your personal development throughout the summer
Experience The Granite Community
- Understand how Granite Partners approaches valuation and seeks to create value for all stakeholders
- Participate in Granite Affinity Group meetings and experience collaboration among leaders across the Granite Companies
- Gain exposure to the digital strategy and transformation project taking place throughout the Granite Companies
- Spend time with other Granite Company interns at Granite Intern Day – a day of connecting, networking, building relationships, and attending the Franklin Covey “7 Habits for Highly Effective Leaders” forum
- Participate in a range of social activities to get to know the firm and have fun in St. Cloud and the Twin Cities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A successful Business Analyst Intern at Granite Partners will:
- Be in the junior year of an undergraduate degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023
- Have outstanding academic performance and a demonstrated record of achievement
- Have summer, student, or full-time work experience, along with community engagement and service, extra-curricular activities, sports achievements, student club leadership, academic honors, artistic works, etc.
- Be a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a critical thinker who is detail-oriented and results-driven
- Be able to conduct primary (i.e., interviews, surveys) and secondary (i.e., analyst reports and web) research with strong organizational skills to manage the research project
- Have a passion for analyzing data and creating meaningful insights; analytical tools experience (Excel, Domo) preferred
- Be humble and have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability and character to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
- Thrive in a small, agile, and entrepreneurial team working across a range of responsibilities and assignments simultaneously
- Be a servant leader who is caring, supportive, and anticipates the needs of other team members; be willing to “roll up your sleeves” and help wherever needed
- Have a zeal for broad learning and continuous improvement; be gritty and resilient
- Be aligned with our mission to grow stakeholder value and our vision of enabling world-class wellbeing; live the values of the Granite community
- Have a passion for the five holistic dimensions of wellbeing: career, social, financial, physical, and community
While schedules will vary, we anticipate onsite time in our St. Louis Park and St. Cloud offices for effective relationship development, planning, coordination, communicating, and team meetings. Working virtually from a home office will also occur as we continue to transition from work-from-home.
Candidates should submit a resume along with educational background, work experience, and any other relevant materials (e.g., cover letter, transcript).
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Asset Owner Internship jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Asset Owner Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Owner Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Asset Owner Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Owner Internship jobs in Bachelors