Equity Capital Markets Manager (TRPA)
The Equity Capital Markets Manager will work within T. Rowe Price Associates (TRPA) Equity Trading with the primary responsibility for executing public equity transactions. This individual must have a strong understanding of capital markets and keep abreast of evolving market trends, both within capitals markets as well as broader equities. Strong negotiation skills are paramount to success in this role. The ability to build, maintain and leverage relationships both externally and internally is essential.
- Monitor and gather daily deal information from underwriters. Collaborate with TRPA investment staff and communicate collective interest with bookrunners.
- Help drive pricing negotiations where appropriate; understand deal mechanics and book color.
- Identify liquidity opportunities around lock up expirations, ATMs, ASRs and Reg M transactions.
- Manage the maintenance aspects of the capital markets role including, but not limited to, deal recording and tracking, internal deal allocations, and coordination with the ITS (Investment and Trading Solutions) team to model and book trades.
- Liaise with the Corporate Access team with respect to deal meetings and attendance. Attend company meetings where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with portfolio managers, analysts, and trading team colleagues.
- Develop, maintain, and manage productive external relationships with a broad set of broker dealers and buy-side peers.
- Leverage technology to promote workflow efficiency and partner with Global Technology to identify areas for improvement.
- Gather and analyze trends within Equity Capital Markets. Communicate relevant information to traders, analysts, and portfolio managers.
- Understand the unique investment objectives of each TRPA investment strategy and the role that equity capital markets play for each fund.
- Help guide secondary market trading in deal names.
- Coordinate with the CPET (Centralized Private Equity Team) where appropriate as private investments become public. Maintain a working knowledge of the private equity landscape.
- Conduct trading activities in compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree.
- Equity trading background or experience.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships both externally and internally; pre-existing dealer relationships preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team of portfolio managers, analysts, and traders.
- Strong negotiating, quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task with precision under pressure.
- Capacity/desire to work extended hours beyond the standard trading day.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; sound judgement with high integrity.
- Interest in technology and promoting solution to improve trading efficiency.
- Interest in continuing education
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or quantitative major.
- MBA, MA or CFA (or in progress).
- T. Rowe Price institutional knowledge.
Strongly Preferred Attributes:
- Client focused – Negotiation efforts geared to achieve best outcome for our clients
- Collaborative – Comfortable sharing of ideas and looking to provide solutions to issues facing the team. Strive to make the team better.
- Integrity – Acts with integrity and accountability.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Skilled at sourcing information and sharing insights that assist with investment idea generation.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to express views/concepts and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactive and accountable – Readily willing to take the initiative to meet portfolio manager and client objectives. Proactively look to increase knowledge and skills.
- Drive and organization – Detail oriented and ability to work calmly, flexibly, and efficiently in a challenging fast paced environment.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.