At Briaud Financial Advisors, we pride ourselves on our culture of continuous growth, integrity, teamwork, and professionalism. We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our growing investment team. Along with supporting the CIO through research and overall investment management, this position has many client-facing responsibilities. The ideal candidate is someone who is thoughtful, creative, and engaging, along with the ability to clearly communicate complex financial topics with simplicity.
In this role you will:
- Effectively communicate investment philosophy and strategy through individual client meetings, investor letters, webinars, etc.
- Create end-client deliverables for new and existing clients
- Research potential investment opportunities and present findings to investment committee
- Maintain client portfolios through regular review and rebalancing
- Work with investment team to ensure portfolio management system data accuracy
- Assist in the execution of trades on behalf of clients, whether in bulk or as one-off trades
If you have the following, we want to talk to you:
- A passion for investing — Whether your passion is budding or full-flamed, you can’t help but feel compelled to work in this industry.
- Excellent communication skills — You are able to simplify complex topics and can communicate trust and calm.
- Superior conceptual and problem-solving skills — Solutions come naturally to you and you aren’t afraid to think outside the box or look for unconventional answers. And if you don’t know the answer, you go and find it.
- Intuitive sense for numbers — Grasping number-related concepts is natural for you. You see patterns in numbers and can identify when those patterns change easily.
- Flexibility when needed — Sometimes circumstances can shift on the dime. You have the flexibility to roll with the punches when they come.
- High level of detail — You see and care about the little things that others overlook.
- Coolness under pressure — In stressful situations, you persevere and are OK shouldering the burden of responsibility.
- Humble spirit — You know the areas you need to grow in professionally and you embrace constructive criticism. You strive each day to be a little bit better than before.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of work experience
- CFA Candidate; Charter or extensive work toward charter preferred.
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
Briaud Benefits Include:
- 10 paid company holidays along with 3 weeks of paid leave
- 401(k) with employer matching (eligible after 1 year)
- HSA/FSA/DCFSA availability
- Continuing Education – paid professional dues, conference attendance, additional training, etc.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume and highlight why this role interests you.
More about Briaud
“Briaud delivers financial security to some of the smartest people in the world.”
What started as a passionate interest has grown into arguably the best Fee-Only Financial Planning firm in the country. Briaud Financial Advisors specializes in working with university professionals and their families providing a holistic financial planning experience. Described within the industry as a “white glove service”, Briaud utilizes a deep bench of expertise, leveraging decades of experience to help clients meet their long-term financial goals.
Briaud is a lower volatility-seeking firm with an emphasis on steady returns. Advising just under $700M in assets, Briaud executes a Top-down Macro-driven investment process to manage the portfolios under advisement. Investments utilized with this process include ETFs, Mutual Funds, and individual Fixed-Income securities.