Fixed Income Credit Analyst
Longfellow Investment Management Co., LLC (LIM) is an independent, 100% employee-owned investment firm managing $17 billion in fixed income, equity, and alternative investment strategies. We manage separate accounts for our nationally based, institutional clients. LIM is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and an affirmative action – equal opportunity employer. LIM provides a small firm environment with comprehensive investment industry exposure. In addition to salary, we offer an attractive benefits package.
LIM is seeking to hire a Fixed Income Credit Analyst to cover a blend of primarily investment grade insurance, bank and finance companies. This analyst will be a member of LIM’s Credit Team, generate investment recommendations, provide investment strategy input, have daily interaction with LIM’s portfolio managers, analysts, and traders, and contribute to portfolio return. The candidate is expected to have developed an appreciation for risk management, together with evidence of investment acumen and superior analytical skills.
- Perform in-depth fundamental credit analysis of investment grade and high yield financial and industrial companies.
- Independently construct investment opinions, including industry outlooks and trading recommendations; assess relative value metrics to identify investments with attractive risk-adjusted return profiles.
- Develop views on economic, competitive, regulatory and ESG developments affecting assigned sectors and companies under coverage.
- Effectively communicate investment recommendations verbally and in writing to portfolio managers, traders and other members of the credit team.
- 3-5 years of buyside credit research experience covering insurance companies and banks. Finance company coverage and / or some exposure to industrials would be considered a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate complex concepts and investment recommendations succinctly and with conviction.
- Solid work ethic, an intellectual curiosity and desire to learn, and the ability to operate effectively in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Bloomberg and/or FactSet.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA/MSF or progress towards a graduate degree, is preferred.
- CFA designation, or progress towards a CFA, is preferred.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and their resume to:
Subject: Fixed Income Credit Analyst
No calls please