Real Estate Equity Analyst
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
We are seeking an Associate Analyst to assist investment professionals within the Real Estate Equity Group in the underwriting of real estate transactions, asset management, portfolio management and any other duties as assigned. Responsibilities will be diverse in terms of property type, including office, warehouse/distribution, retail and multifamily and geographic dispersion nationwide. Interaction with third party organizations, organizing information, assisting in summarizing data and research support is expected. The position is based in Chicago, IL.
- Support investment staff in the underwriting, analysis and execution of real estate transactions.
- Assist in preparation of internal presentations and memoranda.
- Assist in performing property valuations
- Assist in reviewing/preparation of annual budgets and business plans
- Participate in conference calls and meetings to discuss deal pipeline and current transactions.
- Become knowledgeable and stay informed on industry and market trends.
- Assist in the development, and ongoing production, of internal quarterly performance reviews on the real estate equity portfolio
- Assist in maintaining models, research, electronic files, reports
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Some travel will be required
• Excel and Argus experience, strong analytical and financial modeling skills.
• Superior analytical skills, with an emphasis on the ability to translate analytical observations into supportable conclusions.
• Detail oriented with a commitment to high quality work product.
• Ability to think independently and assist in presenting a view point in a thoughtful and professional manner.
• Strong organizational skills – ability to perform tasks and achieve results independently and as part of a team, consistently meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple assignments effectively in a dynamic work environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal constituents.
0-2 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, preferably Commercial Real Estate Analysis or related experience. Recent college graduate with relevant real estate or finance internships will be considered.
Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate or Finance
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
More searches like this
- Insurance Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Insurance Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors