Associate - Consultant Relations and Institutional Sales
The Associate - Consultant Relations and Institutional Sales is primarily responsible for partnering with the institutional sales team to assist with the firm’s business development efforts in the investment consultant, OCIO, RIA/Family Office, and sub-advisory channels. Focused on delivering the highest level of service to prospective and existing clients by responding to requests and sending information on the firm and its products to support the firm’s sales team in an effort to win and retain institutional client business. Other responsibilities include meeting preparation and participation, research of industry and financial markets information, risk measurement/analysis and special projects. The position operates independently while being proactive and creative with problem solving, and exhibiting a strong sense of urgency while juggling multiple priorities.
- Support the Institutional sales team in their prospecting efforts to grow KCM’s institutional business.
- Uncover sales opportunities in the institutional marketplace by leveraging databases, creating competitive analysis and utilizing various tools to capitalize on opportunities and identify industry trends and prospects.
- Assist the team in facilitating meeting and conference strategy, preparation and execution.
- Assist in Pre- and Post-meeting and meeting facilitation.
- Maintain on-going dialogue and high level of engagement with the institutional sales team to build long term relationships and understand their needs.
- Partner with multiple internal departments to champion and coordinate prospective client needs.
- Collaborate with the Client Service team to share best practices, enhance the overall client experience, increase efficiencies and provide best in class client service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or requested by managers, executives, etc.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3-10 years of institutional asset management or investment consulting experience, which includes but not limited to client relationship management, client servicing or project management.
- Sophisticated understanding of financial markets, the institutional marketplace, investment vehicles with a focus on developing product knowledge and competitive analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with consistent attention to detail and ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Professional presence, ability to present and interact with clients or senior level executives, business acumen and client centric attitude.
- Experience working successfully across departments and levels with a proven ability to understand all aspects of sales including distribution, marketing, compliance and general product related issues.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors that create ability to coordinate and execute requests and projects independently or through others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Series 7 and 65 Licenses preferred.
- Salesforce CRM experience a plus.
- A willingness to live in St. Louis.
- At Kennedy, you'll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to help the team continue to meet Kennedy's investment objectives.
- Through investment skill-building, leadership development and working with an experienced investment team, we provide opportunities to help nurture your investment acumen and grow your career in institutional investing.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package.
- A great 401(k) program with company match.
- Encourage employees to maintain a healthy work life balance.
- Multiple team building and volunteer opportunities.
Commitment to Diversity
Kennedy Capital Management is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in our mission, vision and values statements. Our policies are intended to provide further guidance on creating a workplace that values each employee and supports the way we do business.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennedy Capital Management offers equal employment and advancement opportunities for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital or family status, protected veterans' status, genetic information or other basis prohibited by law. This policy extends to all employees and applicants and in all aspects of the employment relationship.