• 9 of the 10 worst global risks are water-related. Nearly a third of the world is subject to water stress, a burgeoning crisis that promises to get worse as climate change exacerbates droughts and flooding, and as population growth fuels ever- growing water demands for consumption, agriculture, and other activities. As a result, investors increasingly use water risk as a proxy for climate risk.
Water Risk Is:
– Future negative earnings impact
– Environmentally catastrophic
– Ubiquitous across all sectors
– Unaccounted for in benchmarks and investor portfolios
Water Risk Drivers:
– Climate change / climatic events – Failing infrastructure
– Weak regulations
– Company water stewardship
• Financial Risks: – Operational – Reputation– Regulatory – Litigation – Mitigation
The effects that decreasing water access will have on future corporate earnings will be transformational to the global economy - creating winners (those that manage water well) and losers (those that mismanage water resources) – leading to significant investment opportunities. The financial penalties for failing to mitigate water risk are over 5 times greater than the cost of mitigation!
TSC US Water Security Fund provides exposure to a diversified basket of large capitalization US companies across all sectors which are weighted by their exposure to water risk – lower water risk is rewarded while higher water risk is penalized. TSC US Water Security Fund has a high correlation with the S&P 500 while reducing the water footprint by 53% and the carbon footprint by 29%.
TSC US Water Security Fund is ESG/SDG-compliant and excludes companies that are in the Tobacco, Defense and Gambling industries as well as excluding the worst-rated companies by their combined ESG/SDG ratings.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Fund replicates the TSC Water Security Strategy thereby ensuring broad diversification, significantly lower water and carbon footprints and sustainable performance for the long term. The PM also actively engages with Senior Management and Boards in those companies that have poor water stewardship to incentivize them to implement improvement water policies.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level II Consulting jobs in Masters
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level II Consulting jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level II Consulting jobs in Masters