Build a great career in Venture Capital and Private Equity!
Apply to join our Investment Team as a full-time Investment Analyst in Saskatoon and be part of a company that is driving positive impact across Western Canada's economy!
At Westcap, we're proud to invest in Western Canada through our specialized family of funds, including Golden Opportunities Fund Inc., Saskatchewan's first RVC Fund, and a series of Private Equity Management Buyout Funds. With nearly three decades of experience, having completed over $1 billion in transactions, Westcap is Saskatchewan's premier private equity and venture capital Fund Manager.
What can you expect in this role?
As Investment Analyst, you will work with our experienced team of investment professionals to analyze and assess current and prospective investment avenues, working directly with numerous leading companies across diverse sectors of the economy.
- Conduct detailed investment due diligence process
- Analyze financial statements and calculate valuations of potential investments
- Analyze a wide range of operating data and industry trends
- Create financial models
- Collect data and industry research
- Prepare Investment Memorandums
- Monitor investment portfolio
Here’s what we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, passionate about a career in venture capital and private equity, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment in order to achieve the companies objectives and deliver positive results to stakeholders.
- University degree with a focus on finance, business or accounting
- Completion of or enrolment in the CBV or the CFA program would be a definite asset
- Minimum two to three years' previous similar experience would be preferred
- Strong industry knowledge, an understanding of the agriculture sector would be beneficial but not essential (i.e. ag processing or manufacturing)
- Financial modeling techniques and valuation methods
- Research and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Logical and analytical reasoning to resolve problems
- Self-motivated professional who is practical and result oriented
- Communication and presentation skills
- Team player ability to work collaboratively
This is your opportunity to express your passion for venture capital and private equity and work in a professional, team-focused environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, fully funded health benefits, a matching RRSP plan and a cell phone plan. Plus, we want to see you grow and are committed to career development including financial support of continuing education initiatives. Join our culture of employee empowerment and be part of the future financial landscape!
Ready to apply?
If this career opportunity sounds like a fit for you, submit your application to HR@westcapmgt.ca. All applications will be held in confidence, and qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. This position is available immediately and is subject to close without notice, upon selecting the successful candidate.