Investor Operations Onboarding Analyst
As an Analyst on the Onboarding team, the individual in this role will be responsible for working with clients, consultants, and third parties to confirm they are accurately completing documents to execute investor transaction and meet wire deadlines, while performing a superior level of client service. This role requires strong organizational skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic group environment.
The role provides a close-up view of all aspects of the client life cycle and the individual in this role must be a thinker and innovator who can collaborate with others to help solidify and enhance the client experience.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Work directly with the client and any third parties to ensure that investor transactions are completed correctly by the deadlines provided.
- Coordinate with various departments throughout the firm to fulfill and acknowledge ad hoc client inquiries via e-mail and telephone.
- Work closely with Business Development, Investments, Legal and Fund Finance to confirm timely asset flows.
- Maintain and populate client-related info into the firm’s CRM to help manage workflow and feed into reporting.
- Assist with projects to improve the client experience or to create team efficiencies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a proven record of academic success. Finance or business degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience working in a similar investor relations/onboarding role, preferably in a client-driven environment within the alternative investment space.
- Strong organization skills with acute attention to detail.
- Proven track record to successfully assist with projects from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- High energy level with flexibility to work long hours at times to accommodate special client needs.
- Time management skills with the ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and balance priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers, senior management and clients.
- Ability to work independently with a positive attitude and a high level of discretion.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Salesforce.
- Experience with KYC/AML or FATCA/CRS a plus.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor is a global alternatives investment firm with $57 billion in assets under management in private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, absolute return strategies, and multi-asset class opportunistic investments. We have specialized in alternatives since 1971, and we are dedicated to unlocking value for our clients by leveraging our cross-asset class and flexible investment platform.
Our experienced team of approximately 500 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. GCM Grosvenor is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
A diverse, engaged team is critical to our ability to successfully create and deliver value to our clients. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive professionally, and we are dedicated to training, retaining and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals. In addition, we seek to drive a more diverse, inclusive industry through our partnership with diverse professionals organizations and by consciously working with subcontractors and vendors that are certified as minority-, women-, or persons with disabilities-owned businesses.
For more information, visit www.gcmgrosvenor.com.