Investment Implementation Associate
As a member of the Investment Implementation team within GCM Grosvenor’s Finance Department, the Associate will conduct day-to-day investment operations-related responsibilities for the GCM Grosvenor Funds with a focus on implementation of hedge fund, private equity, real estate, and infrastructure investments. The Associate will liaise with numerous internal departments, including Investments, Portfolio Management, Legal, Fund Finance and Client Services in addition to external parties such as investment managers, administrators and custodians to coordinate the relevant responsibilities.
The Associate will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Ensure that the investment-related decisions of GCM Grosvenor’s Portfolio Managers, Investment Committees and Operations Committee are executed appropriately by implementing subscriptions, redemptions and transfers of interests among hedge fund, private equity, real estate, and infrastructure investments.
- Prepare and disseminate applicable investment documentation for investments (e.g., subscription documents, co-investment documents, redemption notices, transfer agreements and letters of direction).
- Liaise with external investment managers, administrators and custodians regarding investment decisions and related inquiries.
- Identify and negotiate transactions required with investment managers to effect GCM Grosvenor Fund modifications, restructures, transitions and transfers in-kind.
- Interface directly with external clients by preparing client reports and communications and implementing customized client requirements.
- Review and analyze governing documentation for planned investments in order to understand the terms and conditions of the GCM Grosvenor Fund investment.
- Review key provisions of underlying hedge fund documentation that have been abstracted into GCM Grosvenor’s databases in order to aid in investment decision making.
- Perform liquidity analysis on underlying hedge fund investments.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with internal trading policies and procedures.
- Design and implement control techniques including working with Information Technology staff to develop and implement automated solutions and find ways to leverage existing technology and software.
- Participate in and lead special and recurring projects and report results to senior management.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS with outstanding academic credentials.
- 3 to 5 years of business experience in the financial industry. A prior focus in the asset management segment of the financial services industry is preferable.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and key stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and concern for quality and accuracy of final product.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes.
- Strong interest in furthering technological initiatives to create efficiency and reduce risk.
- Superior organization, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage projects independently from start to finish.
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Highest degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent work ethic and high degree of professionalism. Desire to work in dynamic, entrepreneurial organization.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
ABOUT THE FIRM
GCM Grosvenor is a global alternatives investment firm with $57 billion in assets under management in private equity, infrastructure, real estate, credit, absolute return strategies, and multi-asset class opportunistic investments. We have specialized in alternatives since 1971, and we are dedicated to unlocking value for our clients by leveraging our cross-asset class and flexible investment platform.
Our experienced team of approximately 500 professionals from diverse backgrounds serves a global client base of institutional and high net worth investors. GCM Grosvenor is headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Seoul.
A diverse, engaged team is critical to our ability to successfully create and deliver value to our clients. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse professionals can thrive professionally, and we are dedicated to training, retaining and promoting minorities, women, LGBTQ employees, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Over 55% of GCM Grosvenor employees and 43% of executive management are women and/or ethnically diverse individuals. In addition, we seek to drive a more diverse, inclusive industry through our partnership with diverse professionals organizations and by consciously working with subcontractors and vendors that are certified as minority-, women-, or persons with disabilities-owned businesses.
For more information, visit www.gcmgrosvenor.com.