Equity Research Training & Education Specialist
We’re a high-growth equity research financial-technology start-up that serves some of the world’s top hedge funds and asset managers – and we’re looking for an exceptional Equity Research (ER) Training and Education Specialist to help us build and scale our technical training and education programs for our 80+ person Equity Research team.
Canalyst is changing the way investment professionals access and use fundamental models. Our financial model library allows fund managers and analysts to transform their investment process, enabling them to be nimbler, expand their coverage, and ultimately generate higher-conviction ideas. Clients trust us to provide timely and accurate models along with an unparalleled level of customer service.
From our New Hire Training Program to ongoing technical learning sessions, we’re looking for an ER Training and Education Specialist to streamline our training programs and directly influence and optimize the technical growth of our exceptional ER team. Our ideal candidate is an innovative educator, trainer, and builder with a passion for the markets and helping others continuously learn and grow.
How you’ll add value:
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate technical-focused learning sessions for all skill levels within the ER team
- Develop, maintain, and implement the Equity Research learning strategy
- Create and maintain the Equity Research Learning Library, including all training materials, processes and procedures, tools and resources
- Integrate new hires into the Equity Research team, facilitating connections within and across teams
- Assess, develop, deliver, and evolve the New Hire Training Program, providing support for all new hires including 1:1s and ongoing technical feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and at least three years in training and development; or a bachelor’s degree in training and development or related field and very strong finance acumen
- 3+ years’ experience in program design, development, implementation, and evolution an asset
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills an asset • Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and team-oriented
- High integrity with meticulous attention to detail: puts a premium on accuracy, especially when working to a tight deadline
- Completion or progress towards a training designation an asset
- Completion or progress towards the CFA designation an asset
By bringing equity research and technology together, Canalyst makes generating independent research more efficient and helps generate higher-conviction investment ideas. We’re an energetic team with a healthy obsession with accuracy and a love of stocks and technology. Our downtown Vancouver, Canada, office offers the best of both worlds: the networking and learning opportunities of the financial industry, combined with the pace, excitement, and perks of a tech startup. If this sounds like a good fit for your goals, skills, and experience, we’d love to hear from you!
COVID UPDATE: Please note that all Canalyst employees are working remotely for the time being due to COVID-19, as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. Due to this, we’re currently having all new hires begin work with us remotely, rather than in our office locations