Global Healthcare Analyst
7 days left
- This is an opportunity to work in a German-based asset management manager with AUM of $300+ mn which invests across most asset classes and sectors globally.
- The role involves working in collaboration with a local Senior Analyst to support the Portfolio Manager on all aspects of the management of equity portfolios.
- Preparing initial level investment notes, screeners, financial modelling, forecasting, sector databases, finding themes and trends across sectors.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and end clients, maintaining clear communication of work, as well as willingness to take on additional tasks.
- The Analyst will be measured over and through time on the efficacy of investment recommendations.
- Tracking the sectors and stocks assigned by senior analyst, updating the equity research team and the Portfolio Manager with news and events.
- Supporting the senior analysts on various tasks, varying from data gathering, populating data in financial models, preparing sections of reports, and deep-dive secondary research to populate industry/company presentations.
- Maintaining a task list of ongoing/pending tasks on a regular basis, and finalizing task priorities with the senior analyst
- Regularly communicating with the in-house senior analyst, the equity research team, and the Portfolio Manager on project updates and be up-to-date with sector happenings
- Build and maintain company and industry models, financial and value screens.
- Monitor the latest news/developments on the underlying stocks in the portfolio and evaluate the impacts on the stocks using qualitative and quantitative method. Also, monitor macroeconomic news.
- Meet with company management on a frequent basis through on-site company visits, conference calls, and meetings in our own office.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel
- Strong financial and accounting concepts
- The critical skillset required of the Analyst is to successfully identify, assess, and communicate investment ideas to the equity research team and the Portfolio Manager.
- Strong team player and willingness to take on challenges
Academic Qualification – Certifications:
- The candidate should have CFA (or progress towards it) with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience. We will also consider individuals with an MBA.
- They should be able to demonstrate solid judgment, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take a differentiated perspective, for instance through a track record in personal/ professional investments.
- The candidate should possess analytical skills including the ability to organize and synthesize data to reach conclusions.
- Familiarity with equity market databases such as CapitalIQ, Thomson Reuters EIKON is desired.
- The job requires excellent verbal, written, and communication skills along with strong organizational skills and the ability to work well in an international team environment. CFA candidates are preferred.