Director of Investments
Title: Director of Investments
Reports to: Chief Investment Officer
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Status: Full time
About The Advocate Group
The Advocate Group provides financial planning and investment management services. We specialize in navigating the unique financial opportunities and challenges facing executives and their families from some of Minnesota’s most prominent companies. Our planning-centric process informs our ability to help coordinate complex cash flow, estate, charitable, tax and investment needs on behalf of our clients. Website: www.theadvocategroup.com.
The Director of Investments supports the CIO and contributes to all facets of the portfolio management and service delivery functions of the investment department. The position will encompass research and investment decision support for the firm’s strategies, contributing analysis of investment opportunities and serving as a bridge between the investment decision making process and the end client through regular client and advisor interactions. This work involves heavy collaboration with advisors and clients: assisting in the creation of asset allocation strategies and communicating these investment decisions to clients through regular meetings and dialogue. The position also requires the candidate to handle the implementation of these strategies and manage the client portfolios in a manner consistent with client objectives and the firm’s compliance and risk policies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with a longstanding client base and record of achievement. The Advocate Group utilizes a team environment, promotes work/life balance, and provides financial stability and success for both their employees and clients. The Director of Investments position will utilize your investment expertise, as well as your passion for broad-based client communication of their financial plan in relation to economic changes and the capital markets outlook that can impact an individual’s or family’s wealth accumulation needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the CIO and the investment department by participating in the research process in support of the firm’s proprietary investment strategies and serving as a point of contact to the team of advisors and their clients.
- Meet with clients and prospects to design and implement highly-customized investment solutions and serve as the face of the investment process to talk about the firm’s investment process/philosophy and to address questions related to the capital markets and investment landscape.
- Monitor and manage client portfolios to conform with internal models and in a manner consistent with client objectives; perform regular reviews of client portfolios to ensure adherence to model targets and implement trades as necessary to ensure compliance and manage cash levels.
- Contribute to the research process by providing new investment ideas and maintaining watchlists of current and potential investments.
- 5+ years of investment management experience in a trust department, asset management division, RIA or family office setting with a focus on Portfolio Management, Manager Research or Security Analysis
- Superior understanding and proficiency of public equity and fixed income investments with an emphasis in public equities
- An understanding of and exposure to asset allocation and its relevance to an individual or family’s financial plan
- Strong ethical and professional standards with an understanding of Fiduciary regulations
- Demonstrated superior communication and client service skills
- Solid strategic thinker, problem solver and decision maker
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- You will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers personal trading activities for you and members of your household
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required; CFA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite, Factset, Morningstar
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Bonus based on performance targets
- Benefits include 401(k), health care, dental
- Flexible schedule and/or work from home opportunities available, as appropriate
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advocate Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer