Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
*Note: This vacancy is specifically earmarked for a suitably qualified Employment Equity candidate.
A highly respected investment house has a vacancy for an interest rate specialist to analyse, implement and manage Fixed Income Investment portfolios. The successful incumbent would need to have relevant experience within an asset management or bank treasury environment and have credible analysis experience in the interest and inflation space.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing interest rate risk, inflation risk, credit risk, as well as the liquidity of portfolios;
- Ensuring portfolios outperform benchmarks;
- Trading of fixed income instruments, including interest rate derivatives;
- Managing the allocation and pricing of credit investments;
- Engaging with banks and arrangers with regards to primary market issuances.
- Monitor domestic and global market trends and analysing their impact on investments;
- Keeping team members abreast of market developments;
- Engaging with clients in order to provide monthly and /or quarterly performance feedback, commentaries and for ad hoc requests
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in the fixed income market, including experience with the inflation-linked bond market and/or listed credit market;
- Appropriate degree majoring in Economics, Stats and/or Accounting with strong academic achievements;
- CFA a distinct advantage;
- Qualified/Registered JSE bond trader an advantage;
- FAIS Compliant