Quantitative Credit Analyst
Energetic Insurance is developing novel risk management solutions to unlock exponential growth in renewable and distributed energy. We are backed by one of the largest insurance companies in the world and recently announced our flagship product to enable financing of commercial solar projects. We are venture backed and have received grant funding from the US Department of Energy, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and support from multiple incubator programs.
We are seeking team members looking to apply traditional analytical skills in a non-traditional insurance environment. In this role you will help us continue to develop and refine our underwriting platform.
Why is this job so unique?
In addition to becoming a key member of an exciting startup revolutionizing the CleanTech industry, you will also be a driving force behind the automation of an insurance underwriting process at the center of the InsurTech movement. Half of your time will be spent on project risk underwriting, the other half will be working with data scientists and software developers to automate aspects of your job to increase throughput and productivity. You will have first-hand experience leveraging modern analytical tools to create more efficient underwriting processes.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Review and consolidate financial statements for candidate businesses.
- Assist in the execution of fundamental credit analysis and due diligence of individual credit counterparties and recommendation of actions where necessary.
- Assist in drafting credit recommendations including risks and mitigating factors.
- Conduct specific credit research, analytics and modeling, and supporting/leading special projects.
- Provide in-depth research of various industry, counterparty, or credit-related topics relative to the evaluation of potential underwriting opportunities.
- Develop analytical tools leveraging various data analysis techniques.
- Analyze and combine large data sets from disparate sources.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, risk management, business, engineering, or another related field.
- At least two years of relevant fundamental credit analyst experience (potentially including graduate studies).
- Relevant quantitative modeling or data analytics experience gained through either previous work experience or projects at school.
- Technical programming skills and literacy across multiple languages.
- Familiarity with rating agency methodologies is a bonus.
- The ability to think “outside the box” and creatively to figure out how to obtain access to hard-to-find data and research.
- Interest in renewable energy and desire to use your financial skills to improve the world.
- Clear and concise communication skills in written and verbal form.
Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in this position.
Salary commensurate with experience. This job is located in Boston, MA. Occasional travel is expected with the ability to work remotely 1 day per week. Energetic Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.