Real Estate Analyst
Real estate investment company, Midtown Development, is seeking to hire a real estate analyst to provide financial analysis in support of the financing, development, acquisition, marketing, and selling of the developer’s growing portfolio of properties in Florida.
Midtown Development specializes in community-focused developments, with ongoing projects in major metro areas throughout Florida, including Midtown Miami, the 56-acre mixed-use walkable community located in the center of the arts district in Miami, and a 22-acre mixed-use community in downtown Orlando.
In its simplest form, the real estate analyst’s role will be to guide Midtown Development’s executive team and give their professional advice based on the economic conditions, market trends, and other financial data to increase Midtown Development’s holding values and mitigate the firm’s risks.
The perfect candidate for this position:
- Loves to crunch numbers on Excel
- Thinks outside the box when it comes to data analysis
- Is a self-starter
- Works well under pressure
- Has excellent presentation skills
- Doesn't need to have real estate experience
This position is based in Miami, Florida, and will report directly to the firm’s Principal.
Real Estate Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce regular market performance assessment (MPA) reports and maintains real estate market rating models for the assigned properties or areas.
- Apply market research to help guide the benchmark underwriting assumptions for assigned properties in the region.
- Prepare weekly or monthly presentations for meetings for the firm’s investors.
- Monitor and analyze specified commercial and residential real estate market conditions, using the area’s internal and external real estate, financial and economic data, as well as research.
- Continuously watch the markets where the company has properties.
- Contribute to the development of forward-looking and proprietary perspectives on an assigned property’s anticipated performance, based on market analysis and assessment.
- Monitor and analyze key demographic and economic trends in the assigned geographic market, and develop reports about the key developments.
- Builds and maintains working relationships to acquire market insights from internal and external sources, such as lenders, appraisers, brokers, and research professionals.
- Contributes to the development of specialized research on the real estate market pertaining to geographic markets of interest and property types in order to enhance the realizable value of real estate market resources for his firm and end-users.
Required Key Competencies and Skills
- Excellent mathematical and analytical solving skills.
- Ability to write reports and rankings.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to organize & prioritize assistance to others.
- Ability to adapt to changes in structures and work priorities.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality for proprietary, private, and business information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Advanced skills using MS Excel, and proficient in MS Office Suite
- Appreciated previous titles: Financial Analyst, Real Estate Analyst, Business Analyst
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial real estate underwriting experience, a plus
About Midtown Development
Founded in 2009, Midtown Development is a real estate investment firm specializing in community-focused developments, with ongoing projects in major metro areas throughout Florida. These include a 22-acre, mixed-use neighborhood in downtown Orlando, the cornerstone Miami neighborhood, Midtown Miami, and its most recent transaction acquired the 9.68-acre South Miami property known as The Shops at Sunset Place, on December 31, 2020.
Following the acquisition of a site, Midtown pursues one of two routes: development, or creation of joint-ventures with preferred partners for development. In both cases, Midtown assumes an active role in curating the community, building neighborhoods—or enabling others to build them—in line with a vision for walkable, connected districts that raise the value of the entire area while unlocking both business opportunities and value on remaining assets.
This is possible due to the firm’s long-term development approach. With a reputation for creative structuring and deal-making, the firm has built a dynamic and diverse portfolio, with positive returns from 100% of realized investments.
Learn more: midtown.dev and follow us on Instagram @midtown.dev