Portfolio Analyst Equity 3
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $603 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
*Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
The LT Equity team at Wells Fargo Asset Management is seeking to hire a senior level equity research analyst. The analyst will conduct research and provide support to other Wells Capital Management portfolio managers and analysts. The ideal candidate for the role has a broader interest, outside of his/her direct responsibilities, in building out the WFAM business and brand. For the right candidate, the position could morph into a role supervising and training a team of analysts in alignment with the needs of multiple portfolio managers. In addition, the position is expected to reside in Charlotte, NC, but may consider candidates in either Minneapolis, MN, or St Louis, MO if appropriate.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research to identify attractive investment opportunities using internal, sell-side, or other external information sources.
- Understanding and presenting company key issues and catalysts efficiently to optimize the portfolio management process.
- Providing timely recommendations to portfolio manager with the goal of achieving excellent and consistent investment performance (exceeding relative benchmarks and peer groups).
- Developing relationships with company management teams, investor relations personnel, and sell-side analysts.
- Demonstrating consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the LT Equity team and throughout Wells Capital Management.
- 4+ years of equity investment research experience
- Research experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong independent thinking skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years’ demonstrated experience with fundamental research and valuation skills analyzing companies in a variety of sectors
- Experience covering the Technology and/or Financials sector a plus
- Experience building and managing investment research teams and capabilities will also be considered additive
- Client facing experience is a bonus
- Passion for analysis; winning attitude; entrepreneurial approach; high energy level and professional dedication
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 800 Lasalle Ave - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Equities Research: Sell Side Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management CFA Charterholder jobs in Full Time