Fixed Income Investment Product Specialist
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
Galliard Capital Management focuses on providing stable value and fixed income money management services to institutional investors. The firm was founded in 1995 with 15 clients and $1.8 billion in assets under management. Today, Galliard manages more than $90 billion in assets and has over 110 professionals dedicated to serving in excess of 230 institutional clients. The stability and commitment of Galliard’s employees has been a key ingredient to the firm’s long-term success. (www.Galliard.com ) Galliard is a wholly owned, independently operated subsidiary of Wells Fargo.
Wells Fargo recently announced the sale of Wells Fargo Asset Management to GTCR LLC and Reverence Capital Partners, L.P. The sale is expected to close in the second half of 2021. We are continuing to recruit for open positions supporting Asset Management, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to the new company. If you begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to the new company, with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date
Galliard is looking for two individuals to expand the New Business Development team. These hires will be responsible for new business development and establishing new client relationships for stable value and fixed income mandates.
As Fixed Income Investment Product Specialists, these individuals will identify and cultivate institutional clients in North America. Depending on the candidates, one position may be focused on stable value prospects in the defined contribution space and one may focus on clients with core fixed income opportunities, or they may both be responsible for coverage of both asset categories.
The specialists may be responsible for:
- Active engagement with the prospects from identification through on-boarding
- Maintaining and expanding existing client relationships
- Assisting in developing new products
- Developing a broad and deep understanding of the prospects’ needs and challenges and working to meet those needs by leveraging the capabilities of the entire organization
- Understanding the assigned markets’ reporting, regulatory, guideline and servicing requirements
- Playing a key role in coordinating teams across Galliard for new business responses and presentations
Salary range is determined by the location of the job. May be considered for a discretionary bonus.
Benefits: Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/ for benefits information
- 10+ years of investment management experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- History of institutional sales, preferably with fixed income and/or stable value products
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of investment industry: particularly fixed income products, capabilities, and services
- Solid knowledge and understanding of asset management industry and client types
- Ability to hold consultative meetings and deliver solution-oriented proposals
- Stable value experience and/or extensive knowledge of stable value investment concepts
- Fixed income experience and/or extensive knowledge of fixed income investment concepts
- Self-starter with a sense of ownership and a desire to learn the business and contribute at a high level
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to quickly assess opportunities and determine proper action
- Experience with a CRM tool (e.g. Protrak, Salesforce)
- Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude and successful experience in a team-oriented organization
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time
To be determined
MN-Minneapolis: 800 Lasalle Ave - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.