Vice President & Senior Portfolio Manager Growth Equity
Summary of Responsibilities:
Manages Equity Research Managers and analyzes publicly-traded companies across multiple industry sectors and countries with an eye toward making stock purchase and sale recommendations for the firm’s Growth Equity strategy. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating when necessary, updating manager on a regular basis.
- Conducts fundamental research and makes investment recommendations across multiple industry sectors and countries for the firm’s Growth Equity portfolio, may include international equity portfolios.
- Keeps abreast of global stock markets as well as economic and political developments that can impact investment performance.
- Manages all aspects of investment research, including idea generation, meeting with company managements and other industry experts, performing thoughtful analysis and communicating conclusions clearly and effectively to colleagues and clients.
- Contributes to regular portfolio management discussions and ongoing improvement of the team’s investment process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Cooperate with all FWIA Equity Strategies: Focused, Dividend, Small Company and International
- Must have 7 years of experience in investment research or a related field with a history of researching and analyzing businesses.
- Ability to lead a team and work independently and proactively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external audiences in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Proven experience overseeing and managing multiple projects/assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Proven strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong team orientation and experience working effectively within a small team. Ability to find the proper balance between self confidence and humility.
- Works in an office setting and remains continuously in a stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Requires visual acuity to read a variety of correspondence, reports and forms, and to prepare and analyze data.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA and/or CFA.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Working knowledge of word processing applications.
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications.
· Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
· Extensive travel may be required by car and/or plane.