Sawmill Private Management, Inc. (SPMI) is seeking an Investment Analyst in our downtown Minneapolis office to work with our investment team. This position is multi-faceted and has excellent growth opportunities. Duties will include oversight and management of existing client portfolios; a key role in our outside manager selection process; ongoing monitoring and due diligence of these managers; and monitoring and oversight of legacy individual equity holdings held in client accounts.
We are looking for an individual who works well with others, is pro-active in seeking out projects, works independently, demonstrates flexibility in managing multiple assignments, and is comfortable working in a small office environment. This individual must be able to maintain strict confidentiality due to our clients’ interest in privacy.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Research suitable managers to use for high net worth client portfolios. Assets classes and types include: U.S. and International Equities; Taxable Fixed Income; Municipals; Alternatives/Hedge Funds; Private Equity; and Real Estate.
Conduct comprehensive investment research, analysis and security monitoring for existing client portfolios using both quantitative and qualitative measures. Analyst will be expected to update, maintain and improve existing analytical tools, models and processes while developing new analytical processes.
Primary responsibility to manage the investments in smaller client portfolios and assist with the implementation of investment strategy in larger client relationships.
Assist and attend face-to-face investment presentations with client service officers and their clients
Participate in the writing of investment and economic commentary on a regular basis. Periodic white papers will also be drafted as necessary.
Desired Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- College degree required, Finance degree preferred.
- CFA designation preferred, willingness to attain required.
- One to three years of investment experience required, investment research experience preferred.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a focus on professional development.
- Competency in developing and delivering efficient and effective solutions for diverse end-user client and internal needs.
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting tools is preferred.
- Excellent listening and organizational skills and able to effectively communicate with clients (both oral and written.)
- Must be a team player.
- Sensitive to detail and deadlines in a multitasking environment.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively with minimal direction/supervision.
- Requires a high level of confidentiality, judgment, discretion and self-confidence.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal staff, clients and outside individuals.
- Expert skill level required to perform broad range of complex work assignments. This is a position requiring task orientation, organization, attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
SPMI is a small “multi-family office” located in downtown Minneapolis. Our primary business is providing investment, financial, estate, tax and other services and advice to our clients. We offer a competitive total compensation package that compares favorably to others in the Minneapolis – St. Paul market. Highlights of benefits program include health and dental insurance coverage through our HSA program, paid parking or bus pass, an employer funded retirement plan, and an annual incentive program. We will also support continuing education efforts.
Aside from our total compensation package, our mission as a “family office” results in employees at Sawmill Private Management, Inc. becoming firmly linked to our family members, resulting in long, strong, and valued relationships.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org