Fixed Income Multi-Sector Desk Quant
The Fixed Income Multi-Sector Desk Quant resides within the Fixed Income Quantitative Investments and Research (FI Quant) Group. The Desk Quant works closely with Fixed Income Portfolio Managers in quantitative model development, design of optimal trading strategies, risk analysis, and portfolio construction. The Desk Quant will be the point person to provide day-to-day analytical support to the investment process. They will also perform ad-hoc investment analysis related to the strategies.
Investment Analysis and Research: Analyze portfolio exposures, communicate with portfolio management, research investment ideas and recommend actions that help align portfolio positioning to strategy objectives.
- Assist in the development of optimal trading strategies to implement portfolio managers’ views
- Research on trade ideas such as relative value, price dislocation, etc. in global fixed income multi-sectors
- Responsible for productionizing FI quantitative models
- Create security screening tools and data visualizations to assist in the portfolio management process
- Analyze and interpret portfolio risk and attribution reports. Perform scenario analyses and other portfolio level testing
- Partner with research quants in creating trading models and perform rich/cheap analyses
- Assist portfolio managers by performing ad-hoc quantitative analysis
- Work with internal systems designed for portfolio construction and trade modelling
- Partner with the Technology organization to develop and enhance quantitative models from research stage through production
- Collaborate with the research and investment teams to conceptualize new investment tools and to conduct relevant research
- Provide portfolio construction and analytical support to product development efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline preferred. CFA designation is a plus
- Proficiency in statistics and numerical analysis is essential for success
- 7+ years of experience in fixed-income asset management, preferably in quantitative research.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial mathematics and portfolio concepts
- Detailed knowledge of fixed income market and instruments
- Ability to program in analytic languages and work with databases
- Experience with performance attribution and risk models is desirable
- Ability to establish rapport and work collaboratively with investors. Ability to work independently on projects.
- Successful candidate will be highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to master complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and solve problems creatively
T. Rowe Price is committed to providing our associates with a comprehensive total rewards benefit program, including wellness, retirement and quality-of-life benefits. Please view What We Offer to see what's available to you.