Investment Product Management
As an Investment Product Manager, you will be responsible for implementing plans to maintain the financial strength and competitive positioning of mutual funds and various investment offerings. You may develop new and enhance existing mutual fund products, variable portfolios and discretionary managed account programs. In addition, you will demonstrate effective management of existing products and remain up-to-date with product-specific regulatory issues and the competitive landscape. You will work in a highly collaborative environment, interacting closely with Investments, Sales, Marketing, Digital Experience, Legal, Compliance, Accounting, and Operations to ensure that product designs reflect the key needs of our market segments and are aligned to our enterprise strategies
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Crafts and leads solutions for mutual funds, variable portfolios, and managed account programs from product concept through implementation. Serves as product lead on project leadership team, including budget preparation and facilitating implementation activities.
- Works effectively and reciprocally with departmental and divisional partners, including Investments to understand the management of investment products; Legal and Compliance to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and securities laws; Marketing to ensure investment solutions are aligned with key market segment needs and sales campaigns; Operations & IT to ensure the product is ready for sale within back office systems, and Finance/Accounting to ensure that cost structures are set appropriately for product viability and market sales.
- Monitors the regulatory environment, ensuring that all solutions meet the appropriate requirements; monitors competitive targets and makes appropriate changes to meet the targets; develops new product offerings to meet competitive opportunities, eliminates products as necessary. Assures recommended changes meet financial targets by working with Finance, Accounting and Management.
- Drafts Mutual Fund and Series Fund Trustees/Board of Directors reporting on product assets, flows, marketing initiatives, and product development.
- Maintains non-proprietary and sub-advisory relationships and facilitates ongoing monitoring and due diligence.
- Supports large institutional accounts including periodic reporting, account management, performance analysis, and general relationship support.
- Supports Ad Compliance analysis of marketing materials by acting as subject-matter expert.
Required Job Qualifications
- College degree in accounting, business, economics, or similar area. Completed or progress toward completion of advanced degree and/or accreditation such as MBA, CFA, CPA required.
- At least five years of experience with mutual fund products and/or variable product portfolios with strong investment and analytical knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork skills are necessary to work well cross-functionally across divisions and levels to successfully handle internal relationships about product decisions, to deliver against complex projects on tight timelines and within budget.
- FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 required or obtained within 180 days of hire/transfer.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.