Senior Business Analyst
Success for us is being proud of what we achieve and how we achieve it.
Mosaic Forest Management is a Canadian leader in sustainable timberlands management created through the affiliation of Island Timberlands and TimberWest (in 2018) and has operated on British Columbia's Coast for more than 100 years. We strive to be a global leader implementing the latest innovations and technologies across our operations, with our people and their safety and wellness as our highest priority.
Mosaic Forest Management, the timberlands manager for TimberWest Forest Corp. and Island Timberlands Corp., is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to work out of our Vancouver or Nanaimo, BC office.
Reporting to the VP, Planning & Improvement, the Sr. Business Analyst will facilitate the design and implementation of various business improvement initiatives. This role will take the lead on defining and maintaining a project portfolio management (PPM) process, drive change management across the organization and support continuous improvement initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing and managing a robust PPM system and leading change management efforts across the organization to drive adoption of the PPM system;
- Supporting business units with current/future state business process mapping;
- Supporting initiatives in a project management capacity, and ensuring projects have a well-defined scope, objective, budget and work plan;
- Support development of financial business cases and benefit tracking for various initiatives;
- Coordinating Mosaic’s annual financial valuation process;
- Driving change management efforts and supervising various project deliverables;
- Supporting Corporate and business development initiatives as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or related field;
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent;
- RPF, RFT, PMP, P. Eng, MBA, CPA, CFA or other relevant professional designation is preferred but not required;
- Class 5 driver’s license is preferred but not required;
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple projects and budgets under time and resource pressures;
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- Strong grasp of Corporate Finance principles and ability to develop and maintain moderately complex financial models; and
- Experience using project management software and flow charting.
What You Get
Living in the greater Vancouver area or on Vancouver Island surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on the West Coast of Canada. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes a company pension, health and dental coverage, accident and disability insurance, paid vacation and health and wellness incentives along with several other benefits and perks.
Mosaic Forest Management manages the forest planning, operations, and product sales for TimberWest and Island Timberlands, delivering sustainable forest management within their private forest lands and Crown tenure areas. All forest lands are certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
Mosaic employs several thousand people directly and indirectly to achieve strong economic, social and sustainable outcomes from the working forest. We are Canadian owned by major Canadian public service pension funds.
Mosaic was the first forestry company in BC to achieve Progressive Aboriginal Relations Bronze Certification and then Silver Level Certification. Also, the first forestry company in the world to include the supply chain in its carbon accounting and recently certified by the Carbon Trust for our carbon accounting across the company’s entire supply chain.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome all interested applicants to apply.