VP / Director Investments - Single Family Office
- Institutional FoF Asset Management
- Direct VC experience required
About Our Client
Our client is a well-run Dubai-based Single Family Office with multi-hundred-million-dollar AUMs. They have an exceptional Principal, a institutional Investment Committee and are looking recruit a VP / Director level professional to work directly with the Principal in managing & growing the AUM.
The role presents an opportunity to relocate to Dubai and work with a very well-educated team. Our client is trimming their fixed income portfolio and securing exposure to thematic, future sectors (AI, Robotics, etc.) as well looking to invest directly into Pre-Series A/ Series A/ B VC across Europe, the US and APAC. Any existing network within VC is therefore hugely advantageous as our client is extremely bullish on this asset class. There is also some exposure to real estate albeit by means of funds (as opposed to direct asset management), and equities fund manager selection is a requisite.The ideal candidate will have a strong technical mind-set & skills - a CFA to this extent is hugely advantageous. The candidate will bring with them best practice fund of fund & direct VC investment experience, as well as an existing network of connectivity & opportunities. Through the course of this role, they will review the current risk-return framework, existing allocation and align on allocation moving forward.
The Successful Applicant
- Be willing & able to relocate to Dubai - our client will relocate them from London/ Hong Kong/ Singapore/ Switzerland/ North America
- Have an institutional fund management background - ideally at a investment advisor managing funds of endowments, pension funds, UHNWIs/ SFOs/ MFOs
- Have between 7-15 years of above experience
- Have a strong network, track record and appetite for VC
- Have a view on thematic equities & funds
- Have strong financial modelling skills & acumen - a CFA is preferred
- Be able to work well as part of a team, and able to run independently with work-streams/ investment ideas
- Be able to demonstrate a track record managing funds
- Have strong academic pedigree - Bachelors expected, a Masters is preferred
- Have strong, objective thought processes
What's on Offer
- Competitive tax-free compensation as per experience
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPJN0720212943436Z
Closing Date: 15/10/2021