Boutique international investment firm with US$2.7 billion in AUM is looking for an outstanding individual to assist with equity investment analysis and selection, with a focus on Canada and resources. 2-5 years’ experience in sellside/buyside research or related field preferred. Employment based in Vancouver.
- Research and analysis of prospective investment opportunities
- Monitor and communicate with existing investee companies
- Provide written and verbal reports on new investment opportunities and existing investee companies
- Lead ESG evaluations of prospective and existing investments
- Build and maintain industry connections
- Special projects and “deep dives” into a variety of sectors and markets
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree level education in Finance or related field OR passed minimum level 2 CFA exam
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as research analyst (buyside or sellside) or related field
- Experience evaluating or working with mining companies and/or educational background in geology/engineering would be an asset
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with high attention to detail
- Superb written communication skills
- Experience in building excel P&L/valuation models
- Technical skills in VBA or other advanced skills would be an asset
- Demonstrable self-starter
- Intelligent, inquisitive, and kind
- Comfortable working on a small team with limited supervision
About ICM CA Research Limited:
ICM CA Research Limited is a subsidiary of ICM, an international fund manager and corporate finance adviser with offices in over 10 locations globally. The company is currently managing over US$2.7 billion in funds directly and is responsible indirectly for a further US$22.1 billion of assets held through subsidiary investments. ICM works in accordance with our values, acting conscientiously and considerately to colleagues, clients, the companies with whom we work, and to the local and global communities.
Competitive compensation and flexible work options available.
If interested, please provide your resume and a cover letter indicating your salary expectations and availability/notice period.