Senior Treasury Analyst
CONNECT FIRST CREDIT UNION - SENIOR TREASURY ANALYST
If you're passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we're looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Develops tools for Treasury and other departments to make informed pricing/profitability decisions.
- Strategizes the management of assets and liabilities that translates to the improved profitability of the credit union.
- Creates sophisticated reporting to identify trends within the banking portfolio for suitable portfolio management.
- Completes analysis on the trends, pricing behaviors and identifying areas of growth.
- Builds necessary reporting to track our progress and support the education and awareness of treasury activities.
- Provides strategic thought to the design, development and production of Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) reporting and financial analysis at a branch, business line and product level suitable for senior and executive management.
- Leads the development of FTP methodologies for credit union assets and liabilities.
- Integrates the FTP framework into reporting tools and other systems used by the business to evaluate the profitability of new client relationships or the launch of new products or services.
- Partners with Senior Management within Treasury to actively seek new sources of funding available through securitization vehicles and other instruments.
- Collaborates with other departments with respect to deal structuring and supporting Treasury activities including securitization, etc.
- Advises on a range of interest rate risk analysis using a variety of sophisticated risk metrics that include Duration of Equity (DoE), Economic Value of Equity (EVE), net interest income forecasting, duration and convexity, value at risk (VAR), and earnings at risk (EAR), while developing tools and framework for managing this interest rate risk.
- Identifies and sources solutions for complex financial modeling.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and maintenance of the departmental initiatives/programs.
- Remains current on best practices, legislations, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with staff in the department and external networks within area of specialization.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 8 years experience in investment analytics, financial modeling, and cash management.
- Bloomberg terminal considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a financial institution and CFA considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related fields.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including VBA proficiency, and easily learns other programs.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking for complex financial modeling.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers