Credit Research Analyst
A growing Charlotte, NC based investment management firm focused on below investment grade bank loans is seeking a Credit Research Analyst with 1-3 years of experience.
• Make investment recommendations to the investment committee via preparation of an underwriting memo that will include company and industry analysis, capital structure analysis, cash flow projections, evaluation of collateral adequacy, management, lead lender and sponsor quality and the identification of key risks and mitigating factors.
• Perform on-going monitoring and review of existing investments including historical financial analysis, cash flow modeling and projections and industry analysis and assessments and review of internal and external ratings
• Review credit documentation for new transactions and amendments
• Make on-going buy/sell/hold recommendations through identification of relative value opportunities.
• Maintain existing electronic credit files, compliance reports, collateral positions, and updated exposure reports
• Proactively communicate investment ideas by initiating discussions with portfolio managers and participating in daily credit committee meeting.
• Support Senior Research team.
• Respond to portfolio manager inquiries regarding credit concerns, market overviews, and sector changes
• Aptitude for detail and a strong commitment to accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial modeling skills
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
• Ability to work independently and follow through on projects
• Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and quickly complete tasks upon assignment
• Team Oriented
• Strong academic credentials and achievement; CFA a plus.
Job Type: Full-time