Senior Development Analyst / Development Analyst
We believe in forging long-lasting relationships to create positive change in our communities. We’re building something greater in each pillar of Peterson including real estate investment, development, property management, capital lending and private equity. As we continue to grow, we stay true to our values by putting relationships first, standing by our word and striving for something greater in everything we do.
We are looking to add a full-time Development Analyst to provide support to the Finance and Development teams. This position will play a critical role in development project budgeting, cash management, and development and construction financing. The ideal candidate is an analytical and detail-oriented individual with experience working in real estate development and/or real estate finance. This individual will have a strong understanding of development proformas, and financial and cash flow modelling. This position will suit someone who has an investigative mindset and aptitude for problem solving.
- Creating, managing, and maintaining development proforma models for in-house development projects;
- Tracking, maintaining, and reporting on projected cash flow needs and anticipate future cash calls for in-house development projects, including active construction and in pre-construction phase;
- Assisting in review of financial, construction, and joint venture/partnership agreements to ensure financial models accurately reflect contract terms;
- Ensuring financial models accurately reflect input from all functional groups, including finance, construction, development, sales, and leasing;
- Tracking and maintaining information from purchase and sale agreements;
- Reviewing monthly job cost reports for in-house projects and help provide updates and explain variances;
- Supporting Development Accountant and overseeing initial budget review by project monitoring consultant, monthly loan draw requests, holdbacks and holdback releases etc.;
- Ensuring development fees are calculated in accordance with development management agreements;
- Organizing and consolidating project information and updates, including financial summaries from the development models, to prepare regular updates and reports to investors and partners;
- Identifying and reporting variances in key project measures or forecasts (e.g. budget overruns);
- Reviewing commission reconciliations and statements of adjustments at closing; and
- Assisting with ad-hoc development analysis to support key project decisions.
What You Bring
- 2+ years of proven experience working within the areas of real estate development and/or finance;
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Commerce, Finance, Real Estate or related field;
- Completion of an Accounting designation (CPA, CA, or CFA);
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly with Excel;
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of financial reports and modelling methods;
- Effective organizational & time management skills to meet deadlines and produce quality and accurate work;
- Experience with Argus Developer and Yardi Construction Management – Job Cost an asset.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. We thank all candidates for their interest - only short-listed candidates will be contacted.