Investment Operations Analyst
This position is responsible for investment operations, portfolio management, and back-office administration as part of an investment team within a private professional services organization. The role has a broad set of responsibilities working closely with multiple investors, investment entities, and private foundations. Full-time exempt position, which reports to the Portfolio Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute private equity transactions, such as processing capital calls and distributions.
- Perform investment custodial account tracking and reconciliation.
- Participate in operations coordination meetings with external investment consultants, managers, custodians, and trustees.
- Monitors team compliance of GVP Investment Policies and individual Investment Policy Statements.
- Ensure proper completion of subscription documents including any AML and KYC requirements.
- Manage opening and closing of investment and/or banking accounts.
Portfolio Management and Support
- Co-manage, implement, and administer cash and short-term bond investment strategies.
- Track portfolio statistics and serves as backup for portfolio cash flow modeling.
- Implement and maintain document management system, private investment reporting software, and other portfolio-related systems.
- Produce quarterly and annual investment reporting packages to be presented to the board and partners.
- Prepare materials for Investment Committee meetings and coordinating all follow-up items.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and the Greenville Partners team to ensure completion of assignments.
- Perform special projects and analyses as assigned.
- Be a team player and work in a small office environment.
- Must be self-motivated, have problem solving skills, the aptitude to think independently, and the motivation to work with a team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant investment operations experience.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Solid communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess careful attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to interact with clients and collaborate with others in a professional and highly confidential environment.