Senior Equity Research Associate - Payments, Processors & IT Services (Evercore ISI)
Group Description: Evercore ISI offers a high quality, collegial and collaborative environment and a rapidly expanding research platform where exceptional contributors can look forward to rapid career advancement. Every year from 2018 through 2020, our Payments, Processors & IT Services equity research team achieved a Top 3 - 5 ranking in the Institutional Investor All America Research Poll.
What is the position? Evercore ISI seeks to hire a Senior Research Associate for its Payment, Processors & IT Services equity research team located in New York, NY.
Primary Responsibilities: Ideal candidate will be proactive, high energy and able to work effectively within a highly productive team. Candidate should possess excellent excel skills, knowledge of finance and accounting and superior writing skills. A strong work ethic with the ability to learn quickly is essential. Candidates with a superior background in finance & accounting are encouraged to apply. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop and update financial models efficiently
- Perform financial and valuation analysis of covered companies
- Execute proprietary research projects that generate impactful stock calls
- Assist with client requests & inquiries
- Idea generation
- Maintain databases and create tables and charts
- Participate in company management calls and conferences
- Track relevant news articles relaying important messages to team
- Closely follow industry and economic data
- 2-4 years of Equity research experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); the job entails significant writing responsibilities
- Background in finance and accounting
- Strong modeling / excel capabilities
- Superior writing skills
- Interest in stocks
- Initiative, drive and motivation to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish broader goals and objectives
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
About Evercore: Evercore (NYSE: EVR) is a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. We are dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results through trusted independent and innovative advice on matters of strategic significance to boards of directors, management teams, and shareholders - including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder advisory, restructurings, and capital structure. Evercore also assists clients in raising public, private capital, delivers equity research, equity sales and agency trading execution, in addition to providing wealth and investment management services to high net worth individuals. Founded in 1995, the Firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices and affiliate offices in major financial centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, please visit www.evercore.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Evercore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors.