Senior Analyst, Global ABS
Challenger Limited is an ASX-listed investment management firm managing $96 billion in assets (as at 31 December 2020). Life with us is fast moving and always exciting. Together we’re driving to deliver our vision to provide our customers with financial security for retirement.
We achieve this goal by providing a work environment where people from diverse backgrounds, with a range of skills and experiences can contribute and succeed.
About the opportunity:
Due to the growing demand for Global ABS debt investments, there is a need for a Senior Analyst, Global ABS to join the investment team. The role will be located in Challenger’s London office.
Reporting to the Head of Global ABS in Sydney, this new role will be an integral part of the fixed income team and a key member of the team responsible for the management of the global securitized credit portfolio.
The person must be able to work independently and assist in managing the portfolio on a basis consistent with the Australian-based portfolio managers. In order to achieve this, the person must be willing to spend up to four weeks per annum working in Challenger’s Sydney office.
CIP Asset Management (CIPAM) Fixed Income team is part of Challenger’s Funds Management division. CIPAM Fixed Income is responsible for the management of over A$14.5 billion of FUM on behalf of Challenger Life Company and a diverse client base of predominantly institutional investors.
The investable universe for CIPAM Fixed Income spans across corporate credit, asset-backed securities, alternative debt as well as direct lending. CIPAM Fixed Income’s investment approach is an intensive bottom-up, fundamental credit driven strategy with a relative value overlay in order to achieve superior risk-adjusted returns for our clients.
- Support Senior Portfolio Managers in managing the Global securitized credit portfolio that is invested across US & European ABS, RMBS and CLO, with a focus on CLOs;
- Prepare and present investment ideas to key stakeholders based on thorough issuer due diligence, structural analysis and cashflow modelling;
- Trade execution;
- Conduct research on new sectors and investment strategies;
- Support investment strategy process and actively participate in portfolio construction meetings and other investment team meetings;
- Support the portfolio monitoring process, complete reviews of credits in the portfolio with recommendations.
- Interacting with Middle and Back Office, Finance and Group Credit;
- Providing client commentary and reporting, ensuring all obligations to clients are met;
- Contribution to establishment of efficient procedures and policy documents;
- Contribution to marketing efforts as required.
Skills and experience:
- 5-7 years securitised credit investment experience
- Experience with CLOs
- Experience across different structured credit products, markets and geographies
- Strong understanding of global financial markets
- Deep understanding of products within the global securitised credit markets
- Deep understanding of trading practices
- Superior analytical skills - Analyse deal documentation, think through scenarios, identify risks
- Strong quantitative skills - Ability to build cashflow models and run robust scenario analysis. Ability to work with large data sets
- Ability to work autonomously. Ability to work independently, take initiative, plan and manage own tasks and performance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio management analytical skills
- Strong Intex, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office tool skills
- Understanding of rating agencies methodologies advantageous
- Understanding of performance analytics advantageous
We value inclusion and diversity of thought, promote flexible working practices so our people can integrate their work and personal lives, and are proud to be a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
We offer the opportunity for a broad career experience and value people who are inquisitive and rigorous and are driven to make a difference.