The Transaction Analyst position will assist with managing and coordinating all functions related to various structured product securitizations, specifically related to Mortgage Backed Securities. This position will work with the Vice President – Capital Markets on due diligence, data analytics, and implementation. In particular, the person hired will possess, or quickly acquire, strong fluency with the securitization market, risk-transfer, mortgage, and consumer credit, be reasonably fluent with data systems, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Assist in the preparation of mortgage loan reports to management.
- Prepare timelines and responsibilities as structured transactions are identified.
- Review loan-level data that is disclosed in an offering memorandum.
- Work with internal resource teams (legal, due diligence, finance, servicing, collateral) and external teams (Underwriters, NSROs, legal counsel) in connection with securitization transactions.
- Assist in negotiation of legal and operative documents for each transaction.
- Assist in each operational component of a transaction to ensure closing.
- Create ad-hoc reporting and P&L events for senior management.
- Ability to engage internal groups to seek successful close on all types of structured transactions.
- Use advanced analytical methods and tools to verify cash flow and execution strategy with each transaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree or CFA designation preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of MBS Pooling experience required.
- Strong MS Excel is required.
- Working knowledge of mortgage origination is a plus.
- The ability to respond quickly and concisely to inquiries reflecting capital market timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently while focused on accuracy, efficiency, and delivery of product.
- Willingness to be part of a team that focuses on time-sensitive products with dynamic views and goals.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Highly creative in achieving various sourcing, extracting, and output processes of data and related products.
- Quick learner that can acclimate themselves to our proprietary systems.
About Victorian Finance
Victorian Finance will always be an evolving organization with an unwavering goal so that every member of the Victorian Family can be proud.
President, Sonny Bringol, started Victorian Finance, LLC in 2003 to help Pittsburghers achieve the American dream of homeownership. Since then he has expanded that achievement to a nationwide organization. Sonny designed our company culture and processes to function with the end goal in mind—meeting our closing dates. Since the mortgage industry is unique, influenced by a number of factors outside our organization (regulation, etc.), our process is always evolving to accommodate those changes while keeping our eye on the goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer